Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodEmperorLetoII

11-12-2012

Wait... does this mean you can't leash now? Since they'll attack the closest? That's gonna **** quite a few other ways the game is played atm for some champs. Why not just let the mobs switch faster? Or as soon as the leasher is outta a certain range (testing) it switches to the next person instead of going to the camp? Just seems bad to remove leashing.

Juggernaux

11-12-2012

new meta changes!

the venger

11-12-2012

de vuelta ala jungla

Jboxrox

11-12-2012

wow, way to totally destroy the idea of leashing...

I hope this doesn't make jungling lame.

Also, Igadzra, if you have problems with use of brush buy wards and quit facechecking bushes...

Apocagenocitis

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
I posted on Alistar over on the EU forums, so I'll just re-paste it here:

As far as Alistar goes, I think he is probably one of the champions who gets hurt the most with these changes. Honestly though, he has a good home in the Support role and I feel we've in many ways had to overnerf him in the Support role because his Jungle was way out of line. If we need to buff him, we'll be likely making sure that he's competitive with other Supports rather than trying to fit him into this new jungle.
This is the single most depressing thing I have heard all season.

An87YearOldWoman

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_09_Jungle_Changes/kassadin_post.jpg[/aws3]

Overall, we hope these preseason changes will make the jungle a place where more varied champions, roles, and playstyles are viable. We donít intend to remove any of the junglers that are currently viable Ė only add to the lineup.

As usual, weíre open to making changes as things develop, and we want to hear your feedback on both new junglers and your standbys as you experiment. Donít hesitate to leave us a comment once youíve hit the Fields of Justice!

^^^^^ Lies This just makes the game less fun and less avalible for many junglers. If you cant gank as welll you reduced the game to just a handful of junglers who can quickly jungle and get to 6.

As for the bolded part... Ya the **** right Riot never wants to hear from us unless we are agreeing full heartedly with them and there crappy changes.

GodEmperorLetoII

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMech View Post
Honest I think this just made the game to passive, got to be optimistic though
If they added a simple new resource gained ONLY by killing enemies, I bet ANY passivity in the game would be gone.

Fongletto

11-12-2012

This years changes are really confusing and staggered. I'm not sure what's gone live and what we are still waiting on.

It would be nice if you guys could communicate the changes a little better as to what's still been worked on and whats actually coming live.

For example matchmaking was changed but there was no notification, and there was a front page post about the end of season but all my ranks are still there and I haven't recieved any border profiles etc.

Snowyace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Are they changing it in tonight's patch or the next patch.

MsSinful

11-12-2012

ok, i have read this pretty intently and i have to add in my 2 cents for this, because i am an aspiring Pro jungler.

The Good

1. I feel the jungle would benefit from a minion buff. This is great. Making them harder to kill with more reward is what i've wanted since the beginning. Ganking is the main way of gold production as a jungler and it gets kind of annoying to say the least

2. Making more Jungle specific items is an amazing idea. I hate having to build most of my junglers the same way to stay relevant. By that, i mean GP10's, Wriggles, Etc. It gets kind of boring to do the same thing over and over again. I welcome this change and hope its great and not just some items that are "for" the jungle that nobody uses because we have better options.

The Bad

I'm sorry to say but this list has more in it. I dont want to be a troll, or sound like i'm complaining, but i am putting in my serious input to shed light on some things.

1. Nerfing AoE effects for junglers (or champions in general) : This is my main problem and it honestly angers me a lot. I see a jungler as a second bruiser/support who is supposed to help the team, and not themselves. You gank to get your TEAM kills, not to feed yourself. The AoE effects come into play during team fights and farming, as we all know. Now, if we take that out, not only does it cut almost all of the Junglers played today out of the equation, you now have junglers who are only out for themselves to get more gold by ganks, to get farther ahead. This basically means (if i have understood correctly) that by just farming, your going to get ahead in minions kills and gold over your ADC, which means your probably going to have better items, and do more damage. Which means in ganks your going to secure that kill, snowballing farther ahead, therefor you are making the ADC role useless. The reason i say this, is because as a jungler your aloud to farm "freely". There isnt a tower in your jungle to stop you from running around and getting all the farm you can.

2. Making Junglers Useless : Statikk, you havent outright said it, but we can all get the point. The junglers we see today will see severely less play and be useless. That angers me. I have spent the last year learning these champions, getting down their timing, the way they play, etc, just to have them be ripped from me this season. I've spent money (physical) on the champions, their skins, extra rune pages, and the IP boost to get their rune pages setup just right. I feel ripped off. These champions that i have grown to love are going to be done being relevant. Shyvana is my biggest upset. She has been my favorite champion since release and i hate seeing her go down like this. Her Burnout is going to be useless. Thats what she uses to farm with mainly, especially lvl 1. If you guys havent noticed this yet, Shyvana has NEVER had a nerf to her damage since release. The only "nerf" she has had is to Burnout's duration...thats it. I am very upset about this.

3. Jungle Diversity : this one is a double edged sword to me. Yes, i feel we should get more junglers who are relevant, but on the other hand, we dont want to have to jungle just single target champions. I feel that you should of made jungle items for the champions who weren't that good at jungle to make them good. Thats it. No nerfing of AoE, no taking away Leashing, just make items to support crippled jungle champions (Sej as an example).

Now i know i'm just one voice, but a lot of people i talk to agree with me. You are taking this way to far by trying to make Jungle back into a "4th lane". Ganking is a part of the game...i'm sorry that a key item in the game, Wards, wasnt enough to make people notice when Junglers were coming into a lane to gank. The junglers role was to get the carries ahead and win the game...not to sit in a lane and let your other lanes lose.

Cause the way you put it "your not going to gank early unless you secure a kill". Does this mean that if a lane is getting bullied and we gank and dont get a kill, are we now very far behind the other jungler? Does this mean that a jungler only comes when he feels like coming?

Also, if your making it so hard, what about people just starting out in the game who saw a pro jungler and want to try it? is it now impossible for them to do so because they dont have the runes or masteries to back up their goals? You have to think, if its hard to jungle at LvL 30 with full runes and masteries, its going to be impossible for a Lvl 1 to do it period. So your taking out an aspect of the game for newer players...

All in all, this change is irking me more and more. You over fixed something. You would of been just fine with 2 added camps, more health to the camps, more gold to the camp, and taking away the leashing. But all these other changes are making it annoying and unnecessary.

I'm sorry to say this, but literally after the hundreds of dollars i have invested into this game, if this Jungle makes every major jungler we see now useless and uncompetetive, i will be leaving this game forever. And i must inform you, i'm not the only one.

This is not a threat, this is to open your eyes to the dark side of what your doing. The way your heading, your going to lose a lot of players...please re-think this through. I dont want to leave but if it turns out like this, i will be forced to. Thank you so much.

-DGS SiN