Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Dovahkiin

11-12-2012

First,

It all sounds wonderful, and I love the work that it seems you all at Riot have put into the new season and the game in general.

However,

by about the time I got down to "This opens up the jungle to many of the more damage-focused and gold-reliant champions like Master Yi who need to scale into the later parts of the game." I had a quick thought about the overall difference in Summoner interaction, most particularly combat frequency.

I thought that it kind of seemed like the effect of this new jungle blueprint would increase the amount of time that junglers are actually in the jungle, farming. Allowing champions like Master Yi and other late gamers to just pop out late game as they shine, with no responsibility to the early/mid game. Perhaps counter-jungling becomes more viable?

At any rate, all of this, I'm guessing, would greatly reduce combat frequency, and in a sense, game speed and fun for most Summoners...

I hope that these things are true, cause I would love to stay in the jungle all day and kick it

-A

CookiePuffs

11-12-2012

no one else sees the issues these changes will cause with leashing . i main mid lane and all i could think about in these patches was no more supermans and possibly no more traditional leashes either, unless im missing something

Fengar Fireforge

11-12-2012

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this post my favorite is the hundred of people that have posted : "So no more leash?"

pokerchamp

11-12-2012

rammus jungle ftw?

AWTom1

11-12-2012

Will the new jungle create hot competition over the gold and exp from neutral creeps? Will junglers stop ganking, even laners leave lane to gank the jungle?! How will map focus shift, will it spread evenly throughout the map, or be focused around buffs in the jungle that will cause snowballing jungle clearing? Will the meta stay mostly the same, solo mid, solo top, duo bot, solo jungle? Will duo jungle and 3 solo lanes become viable?

This game is changing so much!

pokerchamp

11-12-2012

i dont think we will ever see a duo jungle in a trollless game. they would have to increase the ammount of jungle creeps, or the ammount of gold/xp by a minimum of double to make this viable.

AWTom1

11-12-2012

I think that an increase of 1.5x is enough for viable coordinated duo jungle, because of the way leashing will now be nerfed.

Housemate

11-12-2012

So, do jungle mobs target invisible champions? Let us say, for example, you know a Teemo is invisible in the brush to the side of the red buff camp. Can you pull the Elder Lizard over to where the Teemo is and have it kill him for you, like Baron Nashor does if you aggro it while Teemo is in his domain?

Blueberryzmuffin

11-12-2012

Hey Statikk, could you give any insight for Udyr (Tiger and Pheonix) in the new jungle changes, since I am quite confused about this AoE "nerf"

Maleric

11-12-2012

Statikk, how do Kayle and Skarner stack up now in the new jungle?