Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suriza

11-12-2012

Udyr, Lee Sin, Warwick

Welcome back .

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-12-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
Always been the case. Baron is unchanged. Other jungle monsters now just behave more like Baron.

This, so much this.

My favorite moment is still when I used MF's Double UP on Baron to not bounce the second part to a Taric running away, but to 'aggro' baron so that it killed Taric as he flashed over the wall. (Had I tried to chase in after him instead of just backing after my Q, Baron would have hit me instead.)

fr0st2k

11-12-2012

Im concerned with the solution to reduce early game pressure. It seems counter-intuitive to the entire purpose of jungling.

I play jungle nearly exclusively, with a lot of different junglers, and it gets really boring when you can't gank...whether its due to lack of communication, pushed lanes, poor teammates, etc etc.

I think the solution you have proposed: jungle creeps doing more damage, appears to be a reactionary solution rather than a proactive one... at least in theory (I obviously haven't played it as much as you, though it just comes off as a concern).

Theres a few things to take note of:

1. Early game ganks are avoided via wards. I don't quite understand the reasoning behind not simply strengthening the ability of the laner to prevent ganks. Eliminating pressure is almost eliminating the entire purpose of the jungle.

I think a much more elegant solution is to give laners a better way to deal with it. Maybe create an item similar to Caitlin and Nid's traps...which stun/damage and are then used up, with a much cheaper cost (35?).

2. Swaying junglers away from ganking is counter-intuitive. Its why I don't like the idea of more damage because it just slows down the whole process.

However, if you look at lane v lane, you see a little rivalry pop up. You try and outplay the other player/duo. The jungle is very different. Theres less focus on counter-jungling and more focus on ganks. We'll if you are lowering pressure, why not focus more on counter-jungling?

You can introduce incentives for counter-jungling. Maybe give more HP for killing enemy jungle units in early game (the hp given shouldn't scale into late game). This way you are playing against the other jungler, rather than against a clock.

Just wanted to point out some other ideas that are more proactive that don't have the same abusive effects as having less HP at the end of your route.

Reep

11-12-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
I posted on Alistar over on the EU forums, so I'll just re-paste it here:

As far as Alistar goes, I think he is probably one of the champions who gets hurt the most with these changes. Honestly though, he has a good home in the Support role and I feel we've in many ways had to overnerf him in the Support role because his Jungle was way out of line. If we need to buff him, we'll be likely making sure that he's competitive with other Supports rather than trying to fit him into this new jungle.

I urge you to reconsider. Overnerfing Alistar frankly isn't possible. The phrase "competitive with other Supports", as ambiguous as it may be, simply frightens me. I don't mean to be condescending, but Alistar is extremely potent as an aggressive support. The aforementioned nerfs were slaps on the wrists, not "overnefs".

ninjaipod

11-12-2012

so what about shaco... :|

Big Bad Nips

11-12-2012

Any idea when these changes will hit the servers?

Zoroark12

11-12-2012

goood!!! and i always play with my fiddlesticks in jungle!! ( fiddlesticks jungle my best champion forever :3)

FraggingBard

11-12-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
Counter ganking is actually one of the things the team is worried about at the moment. Since more champions are clearing at lower health levels, they are more vulnerable to getting counter-jungled / ganked. Currently monitoring how abusive this can be.

Wouldn't that just balance out champions like Amumu/Shyvana/Karthus though? They clear quick and they can be monsters late game, having to watch out for ganks will slow them down a bit and counter jungling might hold them off just enough for your team to push and slow them down permanently.

Or it goes wrong and Karthus ranks up even quicker and kills everyone. C'est la vie

And it was K

11-12-2012

Statikk, please! I've been asking everywhere! ._. Irelia and Renekton in the new jungle. Does it work?

JackDarkTemplar

11-12-2012

What I really want, are ap items to start with to do jungle, to use different champs like Master Yi (Ap build) and else; please do items like this. Specially better if they have spell vamp