Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS13f753f426e64c

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
He's not the only one they are killing to make single targets more viable. As a whole I am very disappointed in this thread to, we have 200 pages of questions and only 37 answers.
37 Awnsers? Over on the EUW they have 3....

Firefly Captain

11-12-2012

If the standard starting items for junglers will be Hunter's Machete and 5 health pots, how will this affect level1 fights? If a team is going for an invade then the jungler will almost certainly need to start boots+pots, for mobility. (One could argue that even cloth+5 is better in level1 team-fights than Machete+5)

Won't this affect the jungler's clearing ability, regardless of whether or not the invade is successful? Does this mean jungle invades will be less frequent? Level 1 fights seem pretty common in ranked play.

ELG Pajamaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-12-2012

All I can say about this jungle is that warwick is going to be THE MAN.

Ezrabar

11-12-2012

With the relative increase in xp/gold farm from jungle it sounds like it could be a consistent gold stream for any champ. This could be very interesting if this changes up the meta a tad.

What if morde could jungle and sufficiently invade due to his insane armor shield on minions? What if an ADC instead free farms jungle with enough LS and opens up new bot lanes and exciting invades to ruin the ADC?

It makes me excited thinking about it.... I hope riot isn't over-hyping these changes and in fact they are actually quite minor.... (You know like very slight gold/exp increases where champs can't actually free farm in the jungle)

SoloAdvocate

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Trololo View Post
If the standard starting items for junglers will be Hunter's Machete and 5 health pots, how will this affect level1 fights? If a team is going for an invade then the jungler will almost certainly need to start boots+pots, for mobility. (One could argue that even cloth+5 is better in level1 team-fights than Machete+5)

Won't this affect the jungler's clearing ability, regardless of whether or not the invade is successful? Does this mean jungle invades will be less frequent? Level 1 fights seem pretty common in ranked play.
I think since Machete's % damage only affects damage on jungle, then it would be useless for the early invade but if you have a successful invade and get a kill and their buff. Then you can b and get the Machete or just chance it, it really depends on who you are going. I would say if it was a successful invade then you should just chance it, unless you are dreadfully low. Your impact on their jungle was more than enough for you to spend the time to b and get w/e you can with what you just made. But I'm not Riot so Idk what all Machete does, so I'm just going of what I've read.

Kason

11-12-2012

So, Elise would be an amazing jungler because of her multiple spiderlings? Will she then never take damage?

RB teh Support

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Jungle Sion here you come
Getting easy ganks cause of your stun
This new jungle just aint that fun
Lets go back to where we started from

This is just Pheak getting RIOT to make it so he can jungle every champion.

SoloAdvocate

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrabar View Post
With the relative increase in xp/gold farm from jungle it sounds like it could be a consistent gold stream for any champ. This could be very interesting if this changes up the meta a tad.

What if morde could jungle and sufficiently invade due to his insane armor shield on minions? What if an ADC instead free farms jungle with enough LS and opens up new bot lanes and exciting invades to ruin the ADC?

It makes me excited thinking about it.... I hope riot isn't over-hyping these changes and in fact they are actually quite minor.... (You know like very slight gold/exp increases where champs can't actually free farm in the jungle)

I actually think it all sounds like good ideas, I don't think leashing is dead but it will be more of a hassle to do. I'm sure we will find new ways to leash, leashing blue will probably be more top's responsibility than mid now. Also ranged junglers can still get a decent leash considering they can just stay farther away then the leasher.

Plus I can't think of a jungle I've gone with that actually needed the leash unless I was on smurf.

I think these changes are going to make jungling even more dead than it is at lower Summoner levels, considering you won't have runes or masteries.

I haven't played the tutorial since I first started playing LoL, but if they haven't already, they should add a bit about jungling. I've gotten people who know nothing about jungling and do fail leashes (I guess with new changes I don't have to worry about that) or they don't know that top is where the solo goes not bot or they don't know it's benefits and say its pointless.

I don't play this game to teach others... that's what YouTube is for ladies and gents.

Jungle Rammus

11-12-2012

How will Rammus fair in this new jungle ?
most of his early jungling depends on his reflect and auto attacks so I'm sort of worried about how much this new jungle/item will really work for him.

DeadAngel123

11-12-2012

"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"

do u mean no leash?