Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Tardwrangler

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Counter ganking is actually one of the things the team is worried about at the moment. Since more champions are clearing at lower health levels, they are more vulnerable to getting counter-jungled / ganked. Currently monitoring how abusive this can be.
Basically Shaco will be back to his best finally, the ultimate god tier counter jungle?

EDIT: Why would you downvote a question?

Xendorn

11-11-2012

Jungle Galio Incoming? lol.

Suikoden7thst2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Does this mean we get more refund points?

Superbian

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
What skill build and clear route does a jungle Morde do on Live currently?

I just tried a solo run with him myself and was fairly impressed with the results (was expecting him to fall flat on his face), and I don't think I'm optimizing him to his potential as he's pretty out of the ordinary as a jungler.

If you can make some recommendations I would like to continue testing to see his viability.
His item build is pretty similar, I just have his masteries be 9/21 instead of 21/9, making sure to grab Bladed Armor. You could go 21/9 and still grab bladed armor, just think 9/21 is better for jungle morde. The CDR near the end of the tree is very nice. Max E then W like normal. An argument could be made to start off at W with level one, because of the armor boost. But if you use it on wolves/wraiths, than it wouldn't be up for the start of blue, or red. Start boots and 3 pots and you should be fine. One thing you need to be careful with is the Q spell, it has the worst ratio of damage dealt/shield gained to hp cost. It can really lower your HP early in the jungle if you use it when it's not needed. As for items, just rush Revolver like always.

Runes should be magic pen reds, flat armor yellows, mr per level blues and flat ap quints. Or you could make a big tradeoff and go movement speed boots over the flat AP. I just think this makes your damage and survivability weak early on.

Ender93

11-11-2012

So udyr takes phoenix and does his blue then takes tiger and goes to bend over the enemy red and have his way with it using great AOE and gross single target damage..... So i can still play him the same way

Wacco Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepraza View Post
will this kill leashing or will it just cause more hard leashes?
leash will have to stay longer to be effective but they loose time and exp from their lane in doing so... not impossible just better to jungle w/o needing a leash
weather by starting at Not Blue or play high sustain AD like Xin or Irelia to jungle

MGS Mantis

11-11-2012

I'll wait and see before judging this.

Dante Sangelli

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAuditor View Post
I take his q at lvl 2 because he has a hard time early lvls in the jungle its better to offset that by a gank pickign up fb and then that makes it very very easy to farm safely. Mundo is a gank heavy jungler like naut shen and lee
Try taking w lvl 1 starting wraiths taking red with a leash take e at lvl 2 then take stone golems. You get low here but you're fine. Go take wraiths again and take another lvl in w. Take wolves and then use smite to give your mid lane blue. Recall take wolves or wraiths take q at lvl 4 and then gank the lane that has the best opportunity. You shouldn't have trouble clearing early with mundo on the current jungle. All of this can be done by starting boots 3 health pots.

fuk u die

11-11-2012

Maybe not going for the blue or red buff at first will be better this time around...

FlamingoBandit

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luolang View Post

Doesn't this get rid of the Superman leash? And make leashing in general more difficult?
That's kinda the point methinks