Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skowe

11-11-2012

Riot, too much change is not good. And this is coming from a Kha'zix player. But I do look forward into this new challenge!

Sol Pope

11-11-2012

I'm worried about the early jungle (which is arguably the most important time for many junglers) of some of the more...leash dependent champions. Specifically Amumu and Sejuani, both of whom I love to jungle. Both are weak and easily bullied in the jungle in the early game and leashing goes a long way. I wouldn't have a problem with the no leash except that I have such a hard time getting my midlaners in solo queue to hit the blue buff ONCE (omg I need cs man do it yourself) let alone stick around to help me take less damage with a "fighting leash" like I've occasionally seen toplaners do. One more reason I will just wait to play with a full team instead of risking the ******* Channel that so often is Solo Queue.

FurryKittenSoup

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, not really.

Let's be clear. The stated goal of increasing the diversity of jungle viable does not equate to us wanting every champion to be able to jungle.

Champions like Leona and Talon were intended and designed to have roles elsewhere in the game. This is why for example Talon's Q bleed does not work on jungle monsters.

As an unfortunate side effect of these jungle changes, we will probably be killing off some of the current off-the-wall non-optimal junglers. At the same time, we're probably creating new ones. It's honestly give-and-take here.
so in other words u dont know wat the fuq ur doing. gj... ive also seen other flawes in ur new system but im too lazy to list them.

Zannypants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Hurrrdurrr, let's give players HP from killing jungle mobs.
Hurrrdurrr, let's buff damage from jungle mobs to make them more difficult.

It blows my mind how ****ing retarded Riot can get.

http://i49.tinypic.com/nx1jt5.jpg

Rayl0r

11-11-2012

WTF? They are taking leashing out of jungling! thats not a minor change thats the biggest change you could make!

Kuralesache

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
What skill build and clear route does a jungle Morde do on Live currently?

I just tried a solo run with him myself and was fairly impressed with the results (was expecting him to fall flat on his face), and I don't think I'm optimizing him to his potential as he's pretty out of the ordinary as a jungler.

If you can make some recommendations I would like to continue testing to see his viability.
I play a fair amount of jungle Morde, so I figure I'd step in here.
Jungle Morde starts with Q, because it does tons of damage and is on a low cooldown. Starting W isn't viable because of how long the cooldown is, but he'll take it at level 2 to clear golems, because a single cast of W deals more damage than Q or E, and the armor buff helps him out. He can start blue or red - red is harder, because clearing golems is a pain - and he can clear both buffs and every camp without a leash if he starts cloth 5. His jungle stabilizes pretty quickly, but his clears until he farms up for a hextech revolver are health costly, both from damage and from constantly spamming skills. However, they're always pretty fast, even at level 1.

If you were to look at this champion specifically, his Q would probably be the most important thing to analyze, because it does HUGE amounts of single target damage, but is slightly weaker for AoE clearing. It's similar to the way Kha'Zix works, I think - if the small minions are easy enough to clear, then he should have no trouble DPSing down the large ones.

Corrupshun

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshiwaan View Post
Thanks for putting in all the time to answer the questions in this thread Statikk, I know a lot of us are very interested and invested in these changes.

1 jungler that I (and stonewall!) like to use is Jayce. At the moment he's only really able to jungle with a wicked blue and wolves leash, otherwise he just burns through his HP too quickly. He's kind of borderline as is, but he brings a lot to the table if you are running a poke comp.

Will it be possible to jungle with Jayce? I'm thinking the extra procs on the new machette item from his ranged W might be good...
just like he is saying Talon isn't really a jungler but more a solo top champion and like Evelynn is now more viable mid, he will say Jayce is more a solo top champ too.

jacktdnguyen

11-11-2012

you said "•Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent" so does that mean that there is no longer a point to leashing anymore, since the monster isnt going to atk the leasher but rather the closest target, which is essentially the jungler

Corrupshun

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
so in other words u dont know wat the fuq ur doing. gj... ive also seen other flawes in ur new system but im too lazy to list them.
And I guess you're Mr. Perfect.

Just wait what the new system will be like.

RyuPhalian

11-11-2012

How is Cho'Gath in the new jungle? Would this jungle change help or hurt his jungle speed?