Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zagann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

This is why I love this game! it challenges me instead of giving me everything on my hand like other games have turned into. Instead of updating to make things easier and more toddler like, they make it more difficult in some ways but still great!

Chick3n Chas4h

11-10-2012

learn to ward, and you should be fine?

Intellectional

11-10-2012

Holy ****, no more leashing? Interesting...

Cloudtail

11-10-2012

well this make me worried about characters like Jarvan jungle. no sustain low-er clear speed. no leash...hmmm

Al Shabab

11-10-2012

I am concerned about 2 issues.
Current meta is dominated by junglers who are: 1) tanky, 2) initiators, 3) have aoe... mundo, shyvana, amumu, maokai...

As I first figured it these changes would mark their (rightfull) fall from utter domination... but when I read your replies about questions about viability of those champions you usually replay with `xxx still has one of fastest clears etc`

>>>Is this jungle making a level playing field for all types of junglers or will it just lessen the edge the aoe tanky initiators have, while still letting them dominate competitive play?

>>>My second question is about assasins... Since early ganks are now going to be something that only a few champions can pull off, notably you mention shaco... (who I very much like) will that make them op in some sense and what are the ideas you have for tweaking assasin junglers in general?

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Hey Statikk, how well does Skarner compete in the new S3 jungle? Seeing as he was recently hit by a (somewhat painful) nerf to his shield cooldown... and he has no form of sustain apart from leveling his fracture (E) early, which most currently agree is a fairly underwhelming ability for its effect, cooldown, and mana costs.

InsideYourMom

11-10-2012

Ridiculous...

TheHippysAWizard

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igadzra View Post
NO MORE BRUSH CAMPERS

Also it'll be great to see how this affects jungle Fiora, Yi and Gangbang and other single-target champs.
NO IT WONT they just made yi fiora gangplank twitch eve 300000000 times more annoying

IvoryErebus

11-10-2012

Wait a second- decreased AOE to jungle . . .

DOES THIS MEAN MY JUNGLE KAYLE ISN'T GOING TO WORK ANYMORE!?!?!

Oh no!!! I just got amazing with her!

Zenareth

11-10-2012

Please tell me that jungle Tryndamere will still be viable after all these changes. He gets too easily harrassed at top to farm properly, so jungling is pretty much the only alternative. Will jungle Tryndamere still work?