Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blastoknight

11-10-2012

So they basically made it so that champs who dominate lane early will just wreck. Top lane will now consist of like 4 champs lol. GG riot thanks.

vG Kargre

11-10-2012

You can still leash. If you are blue team, the top can aggro blue by being the closest to it. Then the mid can do a bit of damage to it. The top runs away and the aggro is switched to jungler because it is the jungler will walk up to the blue, being the closest to it. If you are purple team, it is the same thing, but with bot instead of top. It will take awhile, but people will get it. That is as far as 'leashing goes'. The junglers will definitely change due to the difficulty of the jungle. Hopefully everything goes smoothly! My ranked team will try a couple 'leashes' in some customs games.

MechaWalrus

11-10-2012

I want to see Junglers that no one has done before. Like jungle Kassadin, Galio, and some others that have a lot of gank potential.

Big Haef

11-10-2012

It seems like its taken non-junglers long enough to figure out leashing and now you're completely changing how junglers start the game?

GreatfulDead

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Right now Nocturne is in a pretty good position, as in his clear times are pretty good, hes a great ganker, good sustain, etc. In the new jungle, is he worse or better and will he receive any new buffs/nerfs?

Judas Magnus

11-10-2012

this will make it extremely difficult for amumu jungle i dont like this

ifile

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Can Yorick jungle now? It seems like his ghouls can tank for him...

Grass Plow

11-10-2012

Riot really has to remake the game every season cuz that how well the dev team s making a balanced game lol

Tigersight

11-10-2012

OMG No more leashing. O_o

Adanu

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneWolfe View Post
I'm sorry, but this is kinda ****. You rebalanced her to have both AD and AP scaling, remove almost all cc options from her because its "overpowered" and now you're actually going to remove the only really effective option for an AD or Hybrid Eve? You can't bring her in as AD in any lane, and she doesn't work as a support since she is just as gold hungry as carries. Now you're removing the only viable option for a non-AP Eve?

How was her stealth gank potential too strong? She can't really take red first and then expect to gank a lane with any real success. By the time she has cleared all camps and hit lvl 4 she is at 1/2 HP at best, with MAYBE one pot left. That is with flat armor seals, 21 in def masteries, and a hard leash on blue. Unless you're at least level 20 and have access to tier 3 runes, I am not even sure she can jungle at all, so it certainly wouldn't be a case of her being "too strong at low levels" again.

I am really loath to bemoan something I've not even seen yet, (not sure if the changes are on the PBE, been unable to game for quite a bit now) but these new changes seem make even the possibility of playing AD or Hybrid Eve insanity/trolling, Eve is the assassin who's job is to come out of freaking nowhere to slaughter someone. While the meta may seem to revolve around her blasting someone from afar with her ult and DFG, she is NOT a ranged caster by design. Concept wise she is very similar to Shaco, come from the shadows and destroy her target, then slip away. But Eve has the ability to stand and fight much better than Shaco does. And that concept lends itself more to an AD/Hybrid design. If I wanted to stand back and blast someone with 2 shots, I would be playing a caster like Brand or Xerath, not a melee assassin. At least with the other two I could blow all my skills and nuke entire teams to death.

TLDR, Riot, exactly why are you making AP Nuke Eve the only viable Eve? Wasn't the point of the rework to give her viability/more play options?
This. I love playing AD hybridish Evelynn, but even I acknowledge that i can be very tough to play her well in jungle as it is. Unless these items are incredible at jungling, you're shooting me in the foot.