Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tried and False

11-10-2012

@Statikk: Since it will take longer to bring down the camps and you'll take more damage, it looks like stealing buffs and counter-jungling will be more risky. Does this only affect early game or will there be less invades across the board?

l3atman

11-10-2012

I'm all for any changes that make jungling harder. It's easy/boring atm.

HerbaNoctis

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tried and False View Post
@Statikk: Since it will take longer to bring down the camps and you'll take more damage, it looks like stealing buffs and counter-jungling will be more risky. Does this only affect early game or will there be less invades across the board?
Someone like Nunu will probably be able to still counterjungle easily. Trundle might be able to as well. I doubt non-control junglers will be very successful at doing that though.

Shyrael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

How will this affect the beginning of the game? Normally, junglers can get red/blue pretty much right away, because they can get a leash and not take much damage. Will they be able to keep doing this, but take some damage? Or will they have to clear the rest of the jungle before going for red/blue?

Basically, how much more damage will the buff creeps do, and how much effort must the laners put in for the jungle to get the early buff?

The Mechy

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
She's honestly not in a great spot at the moment in terms of jungling. We had to tune her with a razor's edge due to her stealth gank potential in the old jungle and that makes her have a very difficult time in this new jungle. Fortunately, Eve has found viability in mid lane so it's not like she's completely out of options. Will probably revisit her if there is a need to.
Dang, sounds like Eve might go back to where she once was...again.

doubleAK

11-10-2012

Yeah rammus is going to kill

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
What skill build and clear route does a jungle Morde do on Live currently?

I just tried a solo run with him myself and was fairly impressed with the results (was expecting him to fall flat on his face), and I don't think I'm optimizing him to his potential as he's pretty out of the ordinary as a jungler.

If you can make some recommendations I would like to continue testing to see his viability.
Max W, it generates the most shield, cost the least amount of health and deals the most damage while boosting his defenses. Not trolling. If single target damage is needed in the new jungle, max Q second as its single target damage is quite good once the smaller guys are gone. He might have some trouble with double golems, but wraiths and wolves should be easy. Of course, his ganks would be pathetic, though.

And it was K

11-10-2012

Statikk pls come back! T_T I wanna know about Irelia in the new jungle.

TrueBlaze

11-10-2012

More health on camp leaders... No leash... More difficult early game clear. This all comes together to make more champions capable of jungling ROFL. What game is Riot playing? ALL of this coupled with a HoG removal.
I hope this patch comes with a refund for all of my jungle runes and champs.

ZaneWolfe

11-10-2012

Quote:
She's honestly not in a great spot at the moment in terms of jungling. We had to tune her with a razor's edge due to her stealth gank potential in the old jungle and that makes her have a very difficult time in this new jungle. Fortunately, Eve has found viability in mid lane so it's not like she's completely out of options. Will probably revisit her if there is a need to.

I'm sorry, but this is kinda ****. You rebalanced her to have both AD and AP scaling, remove almost all cc options from her because its "overpowered" and now you're actually going to remove the only really effective option for an AD or Hybrid Eve? You can't bring her in as AD in any lane, and she doesn't work as a support since she is just as gold hungry as carries. Now you're removing the only viable option for a non-AP Eve?

How was her stealth gank potential too strong? She can't really take red first and then expect to gank a lane with any real success. By the time she has cleared all camps and hit lvl 4 she is at 1/2 HP at best, with MAYBE one pot left. That is with flat armor seals, 21 in def masteries, and a hard leash on blue. Unless you're at least level 20 and have access to tier 3 runes, I am not even sure she can jungle at all, so it certainly wouldn't be a case of her being "too strong at low levels" again.

I am really loath to bemoan something I've not even seen yet, (not sure if the changes are on the PBE, been unable to game for quite a bit now) but these new changes seem make even the possibility of playing AD or Hybrid Eve insanity/trolling, Eve is the assassin who's job is to come out of freaking nowhere to slaughter someone. While the meta may seem to revolve around her blasting someone from afar with her ult and DFG, she is NOT a ranged caster by design. Concept wise she is very similar to Shaco, come from the shadows and destroy her target, then slip away. But Eve has the ability to stand and fight much better than Shaco does. And that concept lends itself more to an AD/Hybrid design. If I wanted to stand back and blast someone with 2 shots, I would be playing a caster like Brand or Xerath, not a melee assassin. At least with the other two I could blow all my skills and nuke entire teams to death.

TLDR, Riot, exactly why are you making AP Nuke Eve the only viable Eve? Wasn't the point of the rework to give her viability/more play options?