Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IncognitoXS

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandox View Post
why hasnt any reds commented on AD casters jungling?

champions like khazix are portrait as junglers in champion spotlights, but in reality they are the worst kind, they have low auto attack damage or attack speed compared to master yi or shyvans, and since they relay on abilities to do damage, they run out of mana, with harder jungle creeps i wonder if he ever be viable in jungle, he already is a slow jungler.
Oh but wait, they are releasing new item's specifically for junglers and they will help with these kinds of champions. /sarcasm

From the sounds of things they haven't put too much thought into what they are "Fixing". If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't know why they see the need to change so much of the Jungle, yes, it is quite easy to clear the Jungle right now and I'm fine with small changes, but Adding Health and Damage to the creeps and removing the ability to leash is WAY too much for most Junglers to begin with because I hardly ever get any help in my Jungles to begin with.

As far as I can tell. S3's Meta is going to be 2/1/2 lanes like summoner levels 1-20.

Obiruk

11-10-2012

Er.
Mah.
Gerd.

No more level 2 ganks

Sakyee

11-10-2012

Statikk, these new jungle changes mean that your closing the ability to even clear with certain champions, correct?...Personally my goal is to jungle every champion in the game, and by increasing the difficulty of clearing the jungle and taking out leashing, I now can't jungle people such as lulu nearly as well as before =(

Mosqiil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

I recently was challenged to jungle Teemo, and to everyone's surprise it went really well (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2768601).

Any idea how Teemo will be in the new jungle?

Thunderclese22

11-10-2012

I looked through almost all the red posts, any mention of how Kha'Zix jungle is? He sounds alot better with the spirit stone... right?

mr underhilI

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderclese22 View Post
I looked through almost all the red posts, any mention of how Kha'Zix jungle is? He sounds alot better with the spirit stone... right?
i dont know, i made 3 posts about jungle ad casters including khazix on this topic and still no replay.

imo i think khazix will suck in new jungle because he doesnt have fast clear times as it is, with s3 jungle having more hp and harder to kill, he will surly fall behind,

ReLLik5150

11-10-2012

K so here is what I am afraid of with all these changes. If a lane starts to get ahead then they can feasibly snowball out of control and the jungler really can't help the lane to balance it out since we can't early gank without strong potential of dying. Right now you can somewhat balance a lane out if you babysit it. Also, with HoG you are effectively making supports and jungles squishier and if the other items that are being added help the adc a huge amount I can see once again the adc snowballing hard off the ability to obliterate the support a couple times.

Sorry if this has been said before, but I don't have the time to read through all the pages in this post lol.

TheOneMillion

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
She's honestly not in a great spot at the moment in terms of jungling. We had to tune her with a razor's edge due to her stealth gank potential in the old jungle and that makes her have a very difficult time in this new jungle. Fortunately, Eve has found viability in mid lane so it's not like she's completely out of options. Will probably revisit her if there is a need to.
Oh you will need to -_-

Mordepool

11-10-2012

So um Jungle fizz are all my hopes and dreams of that actually becoming a thing dead and gone. As it stands at the moment the he's kinda like fiddle sticks if the team doesn't help he might as well move to top lane and support?

HerbaNoctis

11-10-2012

Hey, so how is Trundle doing in the new jungle? He seems like he'll be doing decently at least.