Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrulox

11-10-2012

Any plan to change the jungle part of the mastery now that jungle monsters are stronger? Especially since after the changes, picking certain junglers can mean free early game kills for certain opponent junglers. I would hate to see counter-jungling become a popular thing after the changes, meaning certain junglers such as Amumu who can't duel well will no longer be a viable jungler.

nrouns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

New Meta - 3 Solo 1 jungle 1 counter. Just saying.

Mugguffen

11-10-2012

I know this has already been answered but is new jungle = or < a lane? I know jungle farming is making a come back and thats a good thing for some of my favorite champions (Like Olaf) but is it going to be like "we need X on the team to counter Y put him in the jungle" or is it still going to be the case where you need to almost last pick the jungler?

also any possibility of a 4th mastery tree specifically for junglers? and to hop on the bad wagon how is Olaf in the new jungle? He has nice sustain and good single target/AoE damage (Undertow and Reckless swing) so hes great now

Pink Bunnny

11-10-2012

Hey Statikk, look what I found: it's your twin thread on the server who must not be named!
http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/boar...d.php?t=501958

Find the difference.
Let me help you a little:

lexiqa

11-10-2012

How will the changes effect Malphite and Kayle?

Currently, my Malphite jungle(staring regen pend) can do a full sweep to lvl 5 ending at about full health. At that point I upgrade regen pend to philo stone and get boots then do another sweep to get blue, lvl 6 and then unleash the gank train.

With Kayle,(boots 3) I'm able to solo wolf camp before blue spawns and depending on how much help I get with it(blue), I can kill wraiths, a second set of wolves, and be at or close to full hp going in to red.

For both of them I max out e asap. Then for Malphite I max q then w whereas for Kayle I max w then q.

The Heavens Riot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Amumu is still one of the fastest clearers despite being primarily AoE mainly because no matter how much Health we give the jungle monsters, Despair damage just scales with it anyway.

Amumu's early clear has always been unsafe and can be exploited. This will probably continue in the new jungle.

If Amumu makes it to late game with sufficient farm, he's really a monster. So the item additions and increased rewards certainly help with his mid to late game endeavors.

Overall, Amumu still seems like he will be very powerful.
I used to start regrowth for an early philo. guess that is not going to be viable anymore.

Happy Together

11-10-2012

oh no~

I Eternity I

11-10-2012

Quote:

We are also making many other smaller adjustments to the jungle, including:

• Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
Aka, you can't leash anymore. That doesn't change the way players start the game completely or anything, of course not, totally a small change.

Ankokukai

11-10-2012

Quote:
She's honestly not in a great spot at the moment in terms of jungling. We had to tune her with a razor's edge due to her stealth gank potential in the old jungle and that makes her have a very difficult time in this new jungle. Fortunately, Eve has found viability in mid lane so it's not like she's completely out of options. Will probably revisit her if there is a need to.
Sad because at least i, love AD jungle Eve
and eve was kicked out of mid lane with the removal of DFG and the nerfs to her ultimate
hope you guys retune her quickly so she doesnt get obliverated on the jungle

PhreakInfinity

11-10-2012

Dear, Riot

I love this game. I really truly do. I like playing it well but never mind losing because I have so much damn fun either way. That being said I do have one request. I can adapt to the new jungle but can you make clarity worthwhile if only so mid can take it instead of 2nd blue? Or barring that the jungler can take clarity and not play from a disadvantage without second blue?

Thanks,
PI

EDIT: A lot of the junglers I enjoy most really benefit from 2nd blue. Amumu namely. Olaf and Rammus are a bit mana starved without it too. And Trundle. Trundle perhaps can give it up easier than Amumu or Olaf can though.