Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pepperkat

11-10-2012

I'm glad leashing is finally gone, it means that if the jungler needs additional help for any of the buffs that they can actually rely on damage from mid lane or top lane for blue buff assistance or bottom lane for dragon/red buff assistance.

Chômp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

hmm...this new jungle should be interesting....

Asatorrr

11-10-2012

when can we expect to see this jungle on the PBE?

Letkhar

11-10-2012

Not sure how I feel about only having one starting buy option...I really wish you guys would add some decision making there for both junglers and laners. Boots/3 pots is stale.

Potanto the Spud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Statikk, reading an earlier post about champions with pets clearing well, did that include Heimer? Can my jokes as Jungle Heimer no longer be jokes? I understand Heimer isn't a jungler but he does have that turret. I don't care how much anyone reading this laughs, I just want to know where he stands as for clearing. I understand without exhaust his gank potential would be nil, and it practically is with it anyway.

Etheric42

11-10-2012

I know you aren't looking to cover all the bizzare junglers, but Fizz jungle is one of my top most fun characters to play. Not only that, but Fizz just isn't seen out of the jungle. Other than myself I see him in the jungle more than twice as many time as in mid lane, and even that is pretty rare.

His passive helps him out against the jungle creeps, and built onhit/attack speed he makes a decent bruiser. But is he playable in the new jungle? Is the damage coming from the side creeps dropped so low he can't his ablation is wasted?

You say you wanted to open up some new jungle opportunities, what new junglers have you seen this S3 jungle make viable?

proxzee

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, not really.

Let's be clear. The stated goal of increasing the diversity of jungle viable does not equate to us wanting every champion to be able to jungle.

Champions like Leona and Talon were intended and designed to have roles elsewhere in the game. This is why for example Talon's Q bleed does not work on jungle monsters.

As an unfortunate side effect of these jungle changes, we will probably be killing off some of the current off-the-wall non-optimal junglers. At the same time, we're probably creating new ones. It's honestly give-and-take here.
thats my favorite jungler gone is there nop chance of letting her passive proc on neutral minions of her own basic attacks? ( with some limitations ofc like a debuff that makes them imune to it again for 5 seconds or somthing to stop her clearing at a rediculous pace? ) either way i found a way to make her work in the only jungle and im guna sure as hell find a way to make her work in the new one!

VxChaosxV

11-10-2012

RIP Jungle Cho Gath. Guess its back to tryndamere as my main jungle again.....

Seymour

11-10-2012

this is going to be great!

Demonheim

11-10-2012

honestly jungling as rengar ive died once or twice because of a failed leash...with that in mind dont you think the golems do plenty damage already? w/o being able to leash anymore the golems will just decimate you..mind you this is with armor runes. by the time i get to the double golems near red im near dead even a few times had to go back just to heal up before i can take red...i dont know about this new jungling system by the time im ganking at level 2 or 3 or even 4 i really dont even have the hp to gank which leaves me to wait at level 6 when i can get his ult for ganks..ganking at 200 hp is just stupid. When jungling with rengar i alway seem to be low hp and have to go back and heal before i gank.