Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xAluxardx

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driegan View Post
I think a lot of people who are complaining about how the jungle is becoming harder have effectively ignored the fact that they made an item (possibly more..) SPECIFICALLY to help the junglers clear their jungle. They made it harder so Junglers Jungle, and Laners stay in their lane and stop starving the junglers who don't have super initiate/cc (IE Maokai, Amumu)
Just because there is an item to help me clear jungle quicker doesnt mean I want to be pigeon held to that item. And what kind of game play does it lead to when jungles stay in their jungle and laners stay in their lane. I wished theyd stick with this jungle set up. I like that I dont have to stay in my spot.

Lysergix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

<3 u roit

NOCOLORFECTION

11-10-2012

Nice!

HeeyItsyou

11-10-2012

How's Dr.Mundo in the new jungle?

Xhaiken

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
We tried to ensure that jungle items were non-optimal to laners. This doesn't mean that there's no possibility that someone may buy the AP Spirit Stone mid lane to help farm wraiths or do fast Dragons and Barons. We're open to the possibilities and will address problems only if they are actual problems.
Do the new jungle items that do damage specifically to creeps also do extra damage to minions? This would be REALLY cool to see. A split push or lane swap strat would be a lot more effective if this is the case making for interesting new meta.

Marnu

11-10-2012

So since camping a lane won't work after clearing jungle wouldn't it make sense to b get full hp then gank a lane? Which would lead to camping regardless of how low you get in jungle?

NC Daj

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeyItsyou View Post
How's Dr.Mundo in the new jungle?
This. I was going to try picking up Mundo, but his first clear is scary enough in this jungle...
Can he even survive in the new jungle?

i CHOSE LIMBO

11-10-2012

are you guy's going to change the way the jungle look's or are you just going to update the stats for it?

KupoPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

What everyone doesn't realize about this, is that the jungler still can have help, he just has to tank wolves/blue or wraiths/red while starting with the 3pot/boots. Just make sure you have armor yellows at the least. RIP leashing, but not proper jungling.

IncognitoXS

11-10-2012

Mainly the only thing I have an issue with is how overpowered the Ranged Junglers are going to get now.

It will still be possible to leash for a ranged but not for a melee with the AI change to the mobs, mind you dangerous but that gives them an unnecessary advantage in the Jungle. Basically you are returning to S1 Jungle which was too hard to do anything really.

I don't know how effective these new items are going to be but if they are too good then nobody would use anything else, if they aren't good at all then everyone will be forced to grab Cloth Armor and 5 Health potions. This is just going to hurt your attempt to make the game more interesting seeing as how the early game is the most boring part and you are trying to turn it into a farm fest now.