Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

toolbox97

11-10-2012

GG jungle. worst update possible

Fathootz

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlappy View Post
r.i.p jungle syndra
im gonna miss jungle soraka

xAluxardx

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JooMancer View Post
WHy has noone asked about WarWick?
Is anything being done to speed up his jungle at all? If nothing else that is a aprt of his kit in season 2 that needed to be looked at and I'm not sure how all of these changes affect single target champions like him as was said.
yea If nothing is really done to wws kit, then hes still not viable. People didnt play him because hes a slow jungler anyway. They didnt play him because hes a horrid ganker pre level 6. This jungle change isnt going to effect that. They needed to boost his kit. Oh wait they did, they just renamed him rengar.... *whispers* put a patch over his eye, theyll never know.

LeFortuner

11-10-2012

looks interessting , can't wait !

Xanthus730

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
She's honestly not in a great spot at the moment in terms of jungling. We had to tune her with a razor's edge due to her stealth gank potential in the old jungle and that makes her have a very difficult time in this new jungle. Fortunately, Eve has found viability in mid lane so it's not like she's completely out of options. Will probably revisit her if there is a need to.
Oddly, in the current jungle, I've had a VERY VERY good strong start with Eve going Blue Elixir + 6 pots.

It lets you get through your first clear RIDICULOUSLY fast and start ganking, with strong early game AP and nearly 40% CDR and full health.

Additionally, if you can't get a gank, it'll last through a second clear and/or some counter jungling.

By the time Blue Elixir wears off you'll have (nearly EVERY game) at least 1200gp and can return and grab a Hextech Revolver and possibly boots which puts you in a GREAT place as jungle Eve.

I showed this to a buddy of mine that plays around 1400 ELO and another at around 2k ELO and they seemed very surprised at how effective a start this is with Eve.

Would a start like this be possible with Eve in S3?

Purgation

11-10-2012

Quote:
Counter ganking is actually one of the things the team is worried about at the moment. Since more champions are clearing at lower health levels, they are more vulnerable to getting counter-jungled / ganked. Currently monitoring how abusive this can be.
Hmm. My reaction to the changes was that it was intended to make counter-jungle (including ganks) a strong strategy again. (higher reward for stealing, more vulnerable farming)

Also - have you been up all night? You need to get some rest!

Smcl

11-10-2012

Quote:
She's honestly not in a great spot at the moment in terms of jungling. We had to tune her with a razor's edge due to her stealth gank potential in the old jungle and that makes her have a very difficult time in this new jungle. Fortunately, Eve has found viability in mid lane so it's not like she's completely out of options. Will probably revisit her if there is a need to.
You should tune Shaco to that item, as well.
I believe you posted earlier saying skills will do bonus %dmg on hit (including spell-damage)
so Shaco's boxes should basically destroy all the camps and dragon. I feel even with this increased damage toward pets (which I'm sure applies to his boxes and maybe even clone) people might just decide to go tanky (runes and masteries) and tank while the boxes shred every camp, including dragon.

Hal Frank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Wow loving this change.. finally only good jungles will play it and petty junglers will get so upset they will quit failjungling

Patrick face

11-10-2012

"Firstly, we are going to reduce the emphasis on area-of-effect damage dealers by re-balancing more of the health and damage into the large monster in each of the camps."

"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"

Wait, so no more leashing..? Blue is going to kill everyone.

Deathsan

11-10-2012

all I heard was blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah we made jungling harder so you cant gank early game cause of too many crybabies got their way again blah blah blah blah blah blah blah LIVE WITH IT!

Thanks for taking teemo completely off the jungler list :-) Cheers Always knew you guys at riot would listen to the cry babies rather than making them learn how to play. This champ is too OP he needs nerf wah wah ... <---- he has a counter champ and he is your counterchamp stop crying about it and learn to stay away from him and learn how to get around him. Plain a simple.