Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nelstheviking

11-10-2012

No more leash AND the jungle monsters do more damage? That's supposed to allow more jungles to be viable? Some times I don't know what riot is thinking. That makes it so that FEWER junglers will be viable, and it's the same 8 or so junglers that were already the most predominate. Now a jungler HAS to be tanky, there is no other option.

It is already hard to get mid or top lane to hit the golem more than once, now we have to ask them to stay there longer and lose out on cs?

OnlyYasuoEUW

11-10-2012

good bye Rengar jungle with your sustain nerf and this you cant even effectively jungler ever again.

ModernArcher

11-10-2012

Is it possible to keep the monsters attacking their first target? because it would be a LOT harder to leash say, blue for instance, and someone would have to take all the damage every time instead of leashing from behind the wall and walking it back and forth. In my opinion, that is a great skill that if you dont know it, then too bad, but if you do, then you should be able to super leash for your jungler. thoughts?

GodSlappedMe

11-10-2012

This change in the jungle sounds like it'll be detrimental to Amumu's jungle. His whole jungle kit is AOE damage not to mention his rough early jungle start and his susceptibility to invasion. I don't see Amumu being playable with these changes. Could be wrong, but it's not looking good as of yet.

USNTM2

11-10-2012

page 8 and there's no mention of JiBs? Shaco's self-leashing is going to rule the jungle when the lanes can have their presence and no need for a hard leash...

Karver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Whyyyyy???? My jungle again???? T_____t

Tehpersuns

11-10-2012

You say that gankplank will be a competative jungler soon, but you also say that the jungle creeps will be stronger, so how is gankplank (who has laughable inate sustain) going to be viable?

firEbolTkiLLs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Not good... not good at all

AlmightyFork

11-10-2012

Hello Statikk. I have just read 187 pages of this thread with about 75 Hecarim posts I have to say I am worried. Without a leash Hecarim's jungle clear is extremely painful, though that isn't my only worry. I am worried that the changes as a whole might negatively affect this champion. His Q does reduced damage to minions. All his attacks are AOE except his charge. Camps are receiving more health and damage. All these things adding up, I am scared Hecarim will not be able to counter jungle. I am scared he won't be able to jungle. He lacks in lane as well due to Q spam costs and long cooldowns on other skills. Can you reassure me that Hecarim will not be a weak choice come season 3? He is the character I started this game on and got to lvl 30 with. He is my strong choice when one is needed. To lose him would severely hinder my gameplay at the level i'm at.

Jorfen

11-10-2012

Hey i have a question, how will jungle darius do? I love using him now and i dont want to stop using him because hes so much fun. Thanks for answering these questions.