Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vonstahl

11-10-2012

If you are trying to make casters more viable in the jungle will red buff have a proc off of spells (even in it is much smaller)

Ascendent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent" no more leashing? where were you going with this terrible change?

EvasionEvo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Really riot.. whole point of jungling is early ganks. if u dont have early ganks some chracters just go hay wire like no lvl 3 lee sin ganks.

ChIcHiChImOn

11-10-2012

Guys it's pretty obvious what happened here. Some people complained in high-elo and now theres gonna be a jungle nerf to make it even harder to jungle without having to bring in like 3 teammates for an early leash. I can start wolves, clear blue, wraiths, golems, red, gank with most "good" junglers but this is gonna make it extremely difficult since everything does more damage and the jungle creeps now have brains. Not a fan at all.

demonriderkitty6

11-10-2012

1) I feel that having junglers having a harder time on their initial clear could give rise to more roaming support strategies.

2)Having the increased experience and gold generation, as well as the auras/shields/extra damage/increased gank potency.

3)Heaviest abusers: Janna. Lulu. Alistar

4)Not so scary: Soraka. Taric.

We all saw Dignitas vs. M5, with the roaming alistar, solo bottom lane Urgot. With the increased experience and gold gains in jungle as well as the overall more dangerous initial clear, having a Janna there to shield you 6-7 times on your first clear is going to rock. She then follows the jungler mid and cc's whoever hes about to jump on and shields him.

I don't to speak about the cow....moo

The strategy:

1)The support need only take a maximum amount of gold masteries/runes. 7.25 gp 10

2)Boots and 2 wards is a high possibility if the wealth mastery stays.

3)...Benefit

thoughts?

Jungle Rammus

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Definitely keeping my eye on several cases like Nautilus. Because his utility and ganks are top of the line, his clears should certainly still be somewhat painful compared to junglers who don't bring those strengths.

We'll be taking a look at junglers across the board and making champion specific changes where necessary. Slightly buffing up the early game of tank junglers such as Rammus and Nautilus (who were in some ways overnerfed due to the current jungle meta) is certainly not out of the question.
YES Please buff Rammus \o/ ever since those heavy nerf's pretty much any class can do better at everything he is built to do

ChIcHiChImOn

11-10-2012

lol what makes me a "junior member" btw? I've been playing this since mid season 1 the only reason I don't have more forum activity is because this crappy website brings you to the homepage every time you log in and I can't find whatever I wanted to comment on because if you hit back to go back to the thread you are logged back out again.

Cap Jack Sparrow

11-10-2012

would you say that Tiger Udyr is much better suited to the jungle as opposed to Pheonix Udyr due to the emphasis on single target damage? Or would you scale them to about the same in power?

Dogmai781

11-10-2012

Alright Statikk, stay with me here but I found my unconventional jungler is Akali. Will the new items help her out in jungle at all? Currently she can clear well because of the regen and damage on q and the AOE, so will she still be able to do it?

Alamandaros

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, not really.

Let's be clear. The stated goal of increasing the diversity of jungle viable does not equate to us wanting every champion to be able to jungle.

Champions like Leona and Talon were intended and designed to have roles elsewhere in the game. This is why for example Talon's Q bleed does not work on jungle monsters.

As an unfortunate side effect of these jungle changes, we will probably be killing off some of the current off-the-wall non-optimal junglers. At the same time, we're probably creating new ones. It's honestly give-and-take here.
Don't suppose there's ever a chance of Leona being allowed to proc her own passive?

Leona players have wanted to move her out of the bottom lane and into the jungle since release by allowing her to proc her own passive on jungle creeps. But the last time we had any response to that suggestion, we were told it would be overpowered.