Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruzira

11-10-2012

Looks like I'm not going to take up jungle anymore considering it's pretty stupid about the whole leash thing -__________-

Insane Pyromanic

11-10-2012

No more jungle corki?
Damnit.

Ferwindar

11-10-2012

didn´t like these changes.

we´re going to see the same junglers over and over. fid, ww, fid ww

Maleric

11-10-2012

So basically AoE based Champions, squishier Champions, and any Champion that doesn't have sustain can no longer jungle and you claim this will increase the number of jungle champions? Huh...? In what world does that make sense?

o Mekaiel

11-10-2012

I think this is more or less negating the pressure that jungled offer on early lane phases. Your essentially negative the ability to kite blue golem at the start of the game, and would need the entire team there to take it out. Which is fine if you are with a team, but if you are in solo q , chances are that will not happen. So basically in solo q, its negating the presence of the jungle all together unless your team cooperates(which is rare). Take amumu for example, if you dont have teammates wiling to help you get blue, a jungle is pretty much pointless. I like the idea behind it but i would address more than just tournament style game play. Because alot of people solo q and this will make it extremely difficult to win going in by yourself.

coolmon180

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igadzra View Post
NO MORE BRUSH CAMPERS

Also it'll be great to see how this affects jungle Fiora, Yi and Gangbang and other single-target champs.
gangbang?!?...

yeaaaabuooy

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolchuk View Post
this is just a load of BS as usual with some lame excuse to prevent bush camping and earlie presure if the pl you are playing against are to retarded to not ward if there is a jungler its their fault for getting ganked riot shouldnt be catering to the ******* and kids this is just a load of grade A bs just to please some kids who QQ'd they get ganked to much since they have no clue how buy buy some wards
people kinda saw it the same way when the jungle turned to the current one, its changed a number of times already, it actually seems like its going to take a higher skill to jungle, and your not gonna have the same 3-4 junglers dominating the jungle as compared to having everyone be viable. In essence it will just separate the truly good junglers from those who just get lucky and have hit or miss matches.

Lelouch0319

11-10-2012

oOo

And it was K

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmon180 View Post
gangbang?!?...
"Look what trolled outta me bumhole!"

Atlanis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
So basically AoE based Champions, squishier Champions, and any Champion that doesn't have sustain can no longer jungle and you claim this will increase the number of jungle champions? Huh...? In what world does that make sense?
AoE champs should be about on-par with single-target champs in terms of speed if i interpreted Statikk correctly. Likewise, sustain champs will have safer jungling than others, likely in a tradeoff of safety for speed.

So yea, increased variety by some types of champs being made worse and others being made better, ending (hopefully) in an overall more balanced playing field.