Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oranjecrush

11-09-2012

Lol, I'm sorry but i think this is a terrible patch. early pressure is a huge part of jungling and the game, and champions like Master Yi should not be able to farm up in jungle. heck, let Vayne jungle now Those types of champs are pubstomps, they aren't supposed to be viable. There isn't gonna ever be another alistar jungle or skarner gank. You ruined the support jungler. You also made it impossible to leash blue buff. Also, I don't remember the last time i saw wriggles being built. All this will do is make games last longer and be less exciting. If you won't take this from me ask the General

TYoung11

11-09-2012

Sweet! hope this works as well as it sounds.

CoolHandJack

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
- More powerful jungle creeps
- Less effective AoE
- No leashing

= We are intentionally going to make no-sustain AoE junglers like Sejuani, Nautilus and Shyvana useless. (God knows whether or not Skarner and Hecarim will have enough sustain, but they're AoE based so they will get trashed as well)

Look, I understand you're randomly changing the meta just to sell more champions by making the old picks useless, but please consider people who have practiced a lot with the champions that were designed for the old jungle. Half of their kit revolves around jungling effectively and you are now taking this away.

They will end up like Karma - numerically good, but with a kit designed for a role that doesn't exist anymore.

Gj.
I think Shyvana will be fine. She will need to invest early in sustain, but she has high single target damage as well as AoE. Naut and Sej already had one foot in the grave with their horrendous first clear times and health level, barring some kind of amazing AP jungler starting item it does sound like they will be made irrelevant.

facetious

11-09-2012

Good bye blue leashes!

Luolang

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Found Baron View Post
Blue side getting golems before they go to lane? Yes they hit level 2 earlier but it isnt earth shattering. As well as the mid lane wraiths stealing yes u dont have to really walk into the jungle and can hit the big wraith with your range. Also kiting the jungle golems was the main thing in bot lane golem taking but there are some junglers that truely do need a "had leash," and it hurts them more.
Being able to gain a level in lane before your opponent, especially at very early levels, is huge. Not only because of the increase in stats, but of course another ability. For example, you're Vayne/Nunu purple side and they're Graves/Sona blue side. They hit level 2 before you do. You walk up to CS. Sona Q power-chords you and Graves E, auto Q autos you. All of this while you're level 1. Congrats - you're either dead or so low as to be completely zoned out for a bit.

Arrevax

11-09-2012

Now, if only Fiddlesticks had lower mana costs and a passive that didn't ruin his ganks... A step in the right direction, towards making him more viable, but not enough, if you ask me.

shootingreaper

11-09-2012

Why make the jungle more difficult?
What about the less experience players trying to find a good jungle rotation?

Cladun

11-09-2012

Will AP jungler items added? Or will they only be AD jungler items?

iamthemastuh

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Sejuani's an interesting case because like many of the tank junglers her early clear is very painful. At the same time, she scales surprisingly well with items and so she's proven to be powerful if she can navigate through her early game troubles. Will make tweaks where they are needed.
lol she scales well with levels, not with items
or is 2% health awesome scaling?
or is 0.2 ap ratio and 0.4 ap ratio awesome scaling?
no

Dimorden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

rammus buffs????
praise the lord!