Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TG Slice

11-10-2012

Gotta be honest, I'm not too pleased with the idea of taking away the leash AND buffing the camp damage at the same time. From where I sit, that combination is going to make it so only the tankiest champs or the champs with lots of heavy sustain can really jungle. Let me explain;

Whenever I consider a new jungling champ that I'd like to try, one of the things I do before any actual games with them is make a Custom Game with just myself where I do a dry run of that first jungle clear, to see how I feel with that. The idea is that if I can feel comfortable with the first clear, I can jungle them (since everything that comes after that is fairly easy/homogenous by comparison) I always start with the typical jungle items (Cloth Armor & 5 Health Pots).

Now, problems usually arise with this because, since I'm by myself, I have no leash at Blue and therefor have to take the full brunt of that camp's wrath. This, on top of the fact that the double golems are just plain jackasses, means I finish Wraiths for the 2nd time and hit Level 4 with substantially less HP than I would in a normal game. Hell, with some champs I've tried this with (namely Jax and Gangplank), I've outright died to the Red Buff camp because I took so much damage up to that point that I didn't have enough to outlast the Lizard Elder and his two buddies.

And now I hear that not only is leashing getting disabled entirely, every camp is going to be dealing increased damage. To be entirely honest, given these developments I'm not even sure my two preferred Junglers (Amumu and Pantheon) would be able to survive the first clear with all of that extra damage piling on top of them.

I'm all for raising the XP and Gold given by the camps (makes it so I'm no longer in a race with the Support to stay out of Lowest Level on Team hopefully), but I'm just not sure if I'll even be able to use those benefits because of this 1-2 punch to the gonads. I spent a decently long time as a 4-Postion Player before I finally found the Sad Mummy and had the Jungle opened up to me, and I'd really rather not have a repeat of that because I need to hunt for an entirely new set of Junglers who don't risk a horribly embarrassing "The Lizard Elder has executed TG Slice" when they step into the fog at Level 1 =\

DarkFlame52

11-10-2012

Quote:
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
No more leashing >.>

Robolossus

11-10-2012

So basically no more poke-leashing but fewer blue resets?

ChrisAttack

11-10-2012

This is gonna impact so badly for some junglers who have little sustain early.
I really don't like the idea of not being able to leash for your jungler either, and that you require your team instead of letting them start in lane execpt for maybe a mid laner.

dProphetd

11-10-2012

Jungle creeps need to attack the nearest attacker.

NOT-

the nearest champion.

Clearly?

Koronis

11-10-2012

ciao khazix might as well get a refund

karethaeis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Glad warwick is gonna be viable again.

FaerKhan

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by malphismia View Post

-stop trying to make more champions viable in jungle. trying to make the jungle all-inclusive removes the ability of actual junglers that excel. removing the pros of being able to gank and area-of-effect clearing......thats like trying to make every champion able to support, and removing the pros of janna that make her a good support

^this! OMG THIS!

Cidat

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
We tried to ensure that jungle items were non-optimal to laners. This doesn't mean that there's no possibility that someone may buy the AP Spirit Stone mid lane to help farm wraiths or do fast Dragons and Barons. We're open to the possibilities and will address problems only if they are actual problems.
Are there going to be any items to replace Wriggles Lantern if it is getting nerfed for laners?

Wriggles Lantern was a huge deal to have on certain AD champs top lane because of its lifesteal, damage, and armor benefits. It was cheap enough to get early, and the ward helped top lane a lot.

I top lane with Tryndamere from time to time, and Wriggles current statistics are really important for staying competitive early game. In fact, it is the only way I can counter Yorik.

QuoBi

11-10-2012

Peta should be happy, Riot no longer approves leashes.