Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PokerPlate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

So invading stealing buffs and stealing camps from the enemy jungle are even more devastating now?

Can you give an example of stats we can see on these new jungle specific items specifically AP jungles such as amumu?

Drunut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No the leashing that currently happens on Live will no longer exist, but we've found that teammates still stick around as long as they can to apply as much damage as possible before leaving for their lanes -- still helps the jungler out a ton.
I posted earlier but why not repost my concern.

When playing mid, I like to pull blue and make the pathfinding have Blue buff switch left and right, not attacking the jungler. This might seem like taking advantage of a bug, but I think it's a good gameplay strategy. While the Jungler doesn't damage from the buff, you start out behind in CS and XP when you get to lane, so I thought it was a balanced option as a player. You could sacrifice an early game lead (lvl 1-4 or so) to the enemy, in order to let your Jungler come out of his jungle healthier than he normally would be.

Ideal scenario, leashing is kept on Blue buff, Red buff, and Dragon. It made sense for Baron to attack only the closest since he was stationary.

jacklin213

11-09-2012

hum i dont know if i like this or not oh well NEW JUNGLE ROUTE

Panwar

11-09-2012

Quote:
Whats the problem with Blue side getting golems before they go to lane? Yes they hit level 2 earlier but it isnt earth shattering. As well as the mid lane wraiths stealing yes u dont have to really walk into the jungle and can hit the big wraith with your range. Also kiting the jungle golems was the main thing in bot lane golem taking but there are some junglers that truely do need a "had leash," and it hurts them more.
If it isn't earth shattering you will be fine without it. Correct?

Brethil

11-09-2012

it means jungle will only be effective on lv 30 w runes and masteries. Riot should make a way to begginers try jungle too

CG Sensation

11-09-2012

Quote:
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
To me this seems to make leashing nearly useless, unless the leashing team stands nearby

Agent of God

11-09-2012

wait. if the monsters now attack the closest person, does that mean we can't leash blue and red anymore?

Waldgeist

11-09-2012

What are the chief differences between this new jungle and season 1 jungle?

Theridin

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
How is this going to effect pulling?

edit: nvm, got answered

DuckyFriend

11-09-2012

Will Lee Sin still be a strong jungler?