Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pheonix88

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

You really want to change up the metagame and "Fix" the jungle?
Make it so it's not needed every single game, and that only a few heroes can actually jungle.
You know, so we don't see the same exact lanes. Or even the same exact style.
That's how you change the metagame.

Zayzayy

11-09-2012

Wow this is great. It seems like there will be more teamwork in leashing now. Possibly having a ranged person kite while you are behind then you can step in. Probably other possible ways but so far it sounds neat.

Bobidabob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, nerfing skarner again D: not cool riot

ec2000

11-09-2012

How do you leash without losing any health then?

hi im anarchy

11-09-2012

no... no leashes??

GARU Monolith

11-09-2012

I do not know if you will read this Riot, but .. will be Rengar allowed to jungle in Season 3? Cause he was created for jungle role.

SavageAeru

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Jax is actually one of the champions I feel has possibly become overpowered with the changes.

He has strong clearing speeds (Counter Strike for AoE and Empower and his passive for single target) and decent resilience (Counter Strike dodging) in the jungle. His ganks are scary because of Leap + Counter Strike stun. He also scales monstrously with the increased gold for later game.

We're monitoring him very closely.
Alright, now that single target champs have been explained, what about choices like jungle Karma? Seeing as she is a champ that needs farm, and jungling with her now tends to prove viable, what will the new jungle have to offer for her?

cheddar fetter

11-09-2012

So leashing will be a bit more difficult now...

rajo101

11-09-2012

Honestly, by making monsters deal more damage I think you are going to see a decrease, not an increase, in jungle picks. The popular junglers, WW, Fiddle, and Amumu should all be fine. Some of the more tricky jungles, however, like Shaco and nocturne, are already very low health very quickly as is. Not that I really mind, but if you want to see jungle variation increased, I am pretty sure this will make it worse. Early game ganks are probably going to be more likely, just because junglers are going to need to build faster and need some successful ganks to get things going. Riskier buissness, yes. Increased variation, doubtful.

xBlindeD

11-09-2012

say good bye to wukong jungle, hard enough to try n stay in pace, now its harder since they hit harder lol