Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HassaN

11-09-2012

"Lastly, as we mentioned earlier, we’re going to increase the damage dealt by monsters in the jungle. This should allow high-sustain junglers such as Warwick or Fiddlesticks to break back into rotation by giving them an edge over the competition"

i don't think you should set a specific champ to have edge over the competition, just saying

L3nggao

11-09-2012

" Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"

This change shouldn't happen, or if it does, how will we leash now?

Telv1n

11-09-2012

Does this mean that there wont be anymore leash?

kira17

11-09-2012

sounds awesome!

Squ4tch

11-09-2012

I think the over all change is cool but the one thing that sticks out is the "jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker". This makes leashes significantly less effective/more difficult and for less durable characters blue and red can leave them seriously behind in health

thumbnail9

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecycledVenom View Post
This is all good and well.. -IF- you have a team you can rely on.. In single player draft pick you can only pray that you've been paired with helpful teammates. With so many folks getting butt-hurt in champ select over not getting the role they 'called' this seems to hurt the jungle more than help.

The changes honestly sound like a revert back to the old jungle.. So I have a hard time believing you when you tell me this is going to make more viable junglers. It sounds like a lot of the new wave junglers (Diana, Hecarim, Sejuani) can kiss their jungling days goodbye. All that this change will do is bring back four original jungle favorites (WW, Fiddle, Udyr, Rammus). Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
This will put Udyr back in the game as much as slows took him out of it. However, I think it will have to be a combination of at least 1 point into tiger with phoenix to give the proper clear time.

Rampantwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Yeah WW is back

Subtactrics

11-09-2012

Won't this make jungle Darius completed broken?

As far as level 6 ganks go, ghost Darius is pretty hard to beat.

Jinx3r

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Nocturne is still strong because as you said his passive and his Q allow him to ambiently AoE down the small monsters and he has the consistent auto attack damage to take down the big one.

Depending on performance, we definitely intend on seeing junglers being able to have carry-like impact on the later parts of the game.
I ****ing died.

I don't know how many times I've seen a fed lee sin just walk over entire teams.

forcemblem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

DotA's hatchet, welcome to LoL
I wonder if battefury will make it's appearance; owait. Tiamut is pretty useless because of it's splash/cleave range. It always has been ever since the meta.

Jungle items not optimal to laners means that it's no good on top lane characters.
Jungle and top are nearly interchangeable in the current build; mainly meaning that almost any jungler can lane in top but not truly vice versa. These better better be a unique/different items similar to wriggles or I'll be slightly disappointed.

Aside from everything, I can't wait to play with the new changes in live and see what the new-meta will form from these changes.

P.S. Game changing event == jungle now, no more laneing huehue.
P.P.S I twitch jungled once. -> Lol he's terrible at it, but we won in a ranked.