Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xShockerx01

11-09-2012

Does this mean it will be harder for people to leash?

Casamir

11-09-2012

Goodbye my sweet Evelynn jungle, the death I unleshed shall be missed by me at least, idk bout other players. I know the nerf to her ult hurt her but she still owned but with these changes she is no longer viable as a jungler cause shes too squishy. I feel that Riot is trying to make Jungle tank only and kick out jungle as an area to have another high dmg champ, which I feel will hurt the playstyle of some players who prefer a squishy high dmg junglers.

RecycledVenom

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No the leashing that currently happens on Live will no longer exist, but we've found that teammates still stick around as long as they can to apply as much damage as possible before leaving for their lanes -- still helps the jungler out a ton.
This is all good and well.. -IF- you have a team you can rely on.. In single player draft pick you can only pray that you've been paired with helpful teammates. With so many folks getting butt-hurt in champ select over not getting the role they 'called' this seems to hurt the jungle more than help.

The changes honestly sound like a revert back to the old jungle.. So I have a hard time believing you when you tell me this is going to make more viable junglers. It sounds like a lot of the new wave junglers (Diana, Hecarim, Sejuani) can kiss their jungling days goodbye. All that this change will do is bring back four original jungle favorites (WW, Fiddle, Udyr, Rammus). Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Yoisuisu

11-09-2012

guess i go back to shaco lol he goin to be op again xD

Big Bad Nips

11-09-2012

Hey Statikk, how is Hecarim looking in the new jungle?

LIMSTIV

11-09-2012

awwww man :/ i just bought astronautilus and this new jungle sounds like its going to tear naut a new one :/

Myukiora

11-09-2012

Firstly, I'd like to say i'm really disappointing in these jungle changes.

I've always been fond of jungling but I was really looking forward to maining the jungle role next season with my ranked 5's team and aiming for plat when the time came. I felt throughout season three the jungle had very few faults and it was fairly balanced in terms of what you could accomplish at certain periods of the game.

I'm not sure how it'll be in season three in terms of what role the jungler plays, it seems to tailor to late game junglers so I feel people like Shyvana, Lee sin etc will fall off due to early game nerfs. I'm pretty upset personally as it looks like my favourite junglers (Shyvana, Skarner) will take the hit pretty hard.

I don't know why they felt the need to change the jungle, like I said previously it seemed fine and there were no complaints from any of the pro players who main jungle. What I take from the changes are that are two choices basically. Either you take cloth 5 and play the "safe" route, or you take boots 3 get a buff then gank ridiculously hard which is not only risky but I doubt would pay off if you fail one gank.

Oh and removing leashing is pretty stupid, just taking more teamwork and co-ordination out of the game.

Tl;dr - Really dislike new jungle changes, limits viable champion pool and it sucks.

Soramaru

11-09-2012

Quote:
Next, we’re also going to significantly increase the rewards (gold and XP) and scaling difficulty (health and damage that the monsters gain over time) of the jungle as a game progresses. This way junglers who shift their focus toward farming the jungle efficiently can acquire gold and experience faster. This opens up the jungle to many of the more damage-focused and gold-reliant champions like Master Yi who need to scale into the later parts of the game.
I didn't knew Riot still had idea who Master Yi is.

Quote:
  • Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
Does this mean I can't receive leash anymore?

Another Pedobear

11-09-2012

Time for stonewall to make a comeback!!!!

hkgpeanut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

So will the wraiths or golem could "check" the bush for me when i cast my spell on the enemy jungle camp? Like i am Ori, i use my q on blue golem, will it walk toward the bush and stay there hitting the one hiding there?