Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VritraReiRei

Recruiter

11-09-2012

To Statikk, I'm curious to see if Evelynn can still jungle now; while her current clear speed and ganks are about a 'B' rating, she's squishy with no sustain meaning the golems could simply smash the girl into little pieces. Or it could mean running around the jungle with low health after a few camps, making enemy invasions a death sentence for her or she would have to port early to heal thus lowering the clear time.

I like playing champions who can fill more than one role so I hope she can still jungle

Swagstallion

11-09-2012

I think there were about 34 comments not about leashing. Yes, leashing is gone. Try to remember those first levels when you tried to jungle and you fought blue with 5 pots and armor because nobody knew about leashing. It wasn't that hard.

MEGAturtlechaser

11-09-2012

I main jungle and I hate all these changes, but we will see when this **** goes live I guess. sad times. seems just like season 1 jungling all over again.

Jr0n

Recruiter

11-09-2012

This makes tanks less viable do to the fact that single target champions have faster clear times. But at least this forces people to help the junglers out more. good luck to anyone without sustain early now though. counterjungled. and dead

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfreeze View Post
I think there were about 34 comments not about leashing. Yes, leashing is gone. Try to remember those first levels when you tried to jungle and you fought blue with 5 pots and armor because nobody knew about leashing. It wasn't that hard.
I don't know what time of League of Legends you're referring to because I've always had leashes while jungling. It just is.

Hobo Weasel

11-09-2012

hm. as a jungler who started in season two i'm both afraid and excited about this. only afraid because i don't know what season one jungle is like and my play style may have to change alot (no more starting by getting to lvl 3 and ganking top immediately) but excited to play those assassin type champions in the jungle and to see big changes like this is always cool ^_^

Rampage202

11-09-2012

Why is everyone qq'ing so hard about the leashing? With a good set of runes and some potions any good jungler should still be able to kill the buff with ease, especially with smite.

You guys make it sound like you haven't even tried to clear the jungle in a custom game. <_<;

Jr0n

Recruiter

11-09-2012

nocturne op now

TheFern33

11-09-2012

With these stronger camps. What happens to junglers who needed that leash or help in the jungle. Blue dependent junglers now sound like if they get countered are going to have a MUCH harder time getting through the jungle than before. is counter jungleing an amumu at the start of the game going to be even more devastating than it is now or are items going to help with some of this. My fear is with the focus on bringing back some of these other junglers your going to force out the supporty junglers ESP in lower elo or normal games where if you get someone who counter jungles you, and your team is not reactive there is just nothing at all you can do.

for example. you pick amumu and your blue gets invaded. you get forced out and by the time you get to your own blue its gone and you pick up the straggling minion. it takes more HP and mana to put down the new stronger camps so you clear wolves and wraiths and have to go back for mana or hp. you rush to your red and find that that has also now been stolen due to how long its taken you to kill camps without blue/going back to base. at this point your underleveled and struggleing to kill camps. with this risk it almost makes sense to just play non buff dependant junglers and not have to worry about getting blue at level 1.

MEGAturtlechaser

11-09-2012

I hate all these people saying the leashing thing isn't going to be a huge nerf to junglers. LOL no more boots first, also you HAVE TO start at red or blue because thats the only time you will get help with them. Sit in jungle tell 6? sooo fun... NOT. stupidest changes ive seen ever. eff this.