Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post

• Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
  • Wraith camp gold rewards have been reduced and golem and wolf camp gold rewards have been increased to better match their respective difficulty and convenience
  • The wraiths have reduced attack range and the large wraith has been repositioned within the camp to force mid laners to commit more when farming them for extra gold
  • The golem camps monsters have increased movement speed to make them less vulnerable to kiting, especially early on by the blue side bottom lane
Bullet point 1: I'm confused about how you use the word "target." Is this defined as any player who attacks a buff monster, or does it mean that once someone on my team attacks a camp, all people on my team are considered to be "targets" of that camp? Because this can make leashing very confusing and difficult depending on who the "target" is.

Bullet point 3: Will this affect the ability for Maokai players to clear wraiths during their first clear?

Bullet point 4: Let's assume this:
I'm a purple side jungler who will level 2 gank mid after doing blue buff.
I know blue side double golems are harder to do now (due to the speed buff), so chances are the enemy adc won't be doing them.
Because of this, I hand off the rewards of killing wolves to my adc, this way he has an advantage over the enemy bottom laners, who didn't do golems.

Won't this just be switching the early game advantage of bottom lane from blue side to purple side if the purple side jungler is going to do a level 2 gank?

Ps I like the early jungle item idea. It's about time. Thank you. I think this will help people have an easier time adjusting to the jungle.

Shady0ne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

A jungler item that deals x amount of damage to creeps with +8 AD and heals you for 12% of the damage dealt.

Fixyou

11-09-2012

will this new jungle kill off some of the meta junglers like skarner and mao, who dont have the best damage right now but make up for it by being really good gankers?

Xlan59

11-09-2012

Ok I need to know... Jungle Xerath? Can I still shoot lighting beams from my wraith camp and poke the enemy ap carry?

Phyroxis

11-09-2012

•Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

So what does this mean for all those people who need a leash at blue buff?

Moby the White

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_09_Jungle_Changes/kassadin_post.jpg[/aws3]

Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

Idk if anyone has asked but this implys no more hard leashes...no more kiting :S
After I worked so hard at perfecting how to do it and spreading the method to other players who didn't know how to :S

EDIT : nevermind...i read up

MEGAturtlechaser

11-09-2012

SO, no more leashing, and your making just like season 1 again. okay.. nice work, jk..

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackforagoodname View Post
"Who needs a Leash?" - Ezreal
Everyone who wants to survive jungling.

Marven345

11-09-2012

Ahahahaha! Shaco users rejoice! Who needs leashes anyway?

iPale

11-09-2012

Shaco is going to be overpowered.