Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CorruptivSilence

11-09-2012

Changes seem to make sense... These changes are going to be big(read: cause swinging imbalances) until they get the exact right numbers worked out.
They are playing with:
monster damage: advantage to sustain
leashing: advantage to champs with higher hp starts
monster health: advantage to either aoe or single-target
rewards: advantage to fast clears/farming junglers

When these changes are first made, I wouldn't be surprised of just a couple champs become the "best." But Riot has a good record of doing what they mean to do in the end; after a couple patches.

side note: I'd like to see sejuani get changed to either do better in the jungle at the cost of some of her cc, or become a tank/support champ.

Holama123456

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

i wonder if this machete will also have a bush-chop ability too? (my dota's junglers item on LOL Yes pls!!!)

vairoletto

11-09-2012

Let me tell you how the new leash will work on high elo: on the purple side, both jungler and support will stand close to the blue golem both going back and forth hitting the golem and kiting him while it changes focus from one target to the other, missing about half of the attacks on both due to the attack animation, all while the adc just autoattacks the golem until he is on smite range. Blue side will do the same with their top and mid.

And this is how it's going to work on low elo/normals you are just going to run a tanky enough jungler to stand most of the damage while your top/mid or mid/support/adc attack the hell out of the golem untill you can smite him. Missing 1 or 2 creeps wont be an issue for most lanes since EVERYONE is going to miss them

CaptainCupcakes3

11-09-2012

So there will be no more leashing since the monsters attack the nearest champion???? and that's under small changes? say wut?

MOMGETTHEDOOR

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty161 View Post
I don't understand. The game and the laning phase was already passive enough as it is. I don't see how making it even more passive and encouraging afkfarming is good.
I think the intention is to give players a wider pool of viable junglers to choose from. There will still be early game pressure, it will just require more of a commitment from the jungler making it a bigger risk/reward. Also, the increased ms of the golems is a balance fix, bot lane blue being able to hit 2 first was a huge advantage that they needed to deal with.

mort787

11-09-2012

CANT WAIT!! I bearly jung;le but wen i do i will be looking forward to it!!

AntiSkillshot

11-09-2012

Fairly disappointed. Making the jungle harder by removing leashing, buffing the health of the big monster in the main camps, buffed the damage dealt by the same monsters, then the removal of HoG... Not only are supports going to suffer from this patch, but so are most of the junglers...

"We want to make more champions viable in the jungle..." *Removes the ability to leash and removes HoG* *Trollface*

The only way I can see this fairing out is that the jungle monsters AD is buffed by 2.

ComicJunkie64

11-09-2012

I honestly fully disagree with this change. As someone I was reading mentioned earlier. A lot of champs already have great difficulty doing it. Such as evelynn. Unless she gets a good leash she cant do the jungle very well as it is. Even champs like noc and elise can only make a round maybe part of another before they have to base.

And to make it even more difficult to gank? Sounds a little stupid to me. Most champs such as ww have such a horrible time trying to gank before 6 as it is. Even noc isnt the best ganker before 6. Or master yi or many many other champs. And to give them even less life and make things harder to cut people off. Just seems a little unfair. In any level of play. And without a full rune page and mastery page it will be even more annoying to jungle now.

Riot you suck. Lol.-

I'm out peace.

BoNgcheOn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

ok

USAF n0rtluz

11-09-2012

please do not do any of this these ideas are going to ruin the game as a jungler