Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Ph03n1x

Recruiter

11-09-2012

With the way the new jungle works in terms of damage and the less effectiveness of AoE as opposed to single target. What does this mean for counter junglers, specifically like Shyvana and Nunu? I could see the potential in possible ganks in an enemy jungle, but that ultimately would depend on how well the jungler could clear. Still if the clear is decent someone like Shyvana who rely less on ganks would make them more effective later. But if you have input id like to here it. ^ ^

Usara Dark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post

Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
So no more leashing????

Hajmahkra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

After reading through your posts, Statikk, it seems that a play such as Poppy could potentially jungle so long as you work in a bit of lifesteal and/or spellvamp to sustain her. But the crazy Armor/AD buff from her W will give her good survivability against camps and a nice buff to her attacks for free, as well as her Q being a free attack every 8-4 seconds.

I think it'd be really cool to see someone as unique as her whom doesn't see much playtime fill a role like jungle. Please reply to tell me if my thought process has any logic behind it, or if I'm wishing on a star.

Samflash3

11-09-2012

What does Phreak think about the jungle?

proxzee

11-09-2012

i play at a low elo of roughly 1k its incredibly rare that top or bot help with red/blue which makes jugnling as any champ very difficult and potentially impossible for most champs if like most teams the lanes dont co-operate

Ishpard

11-09-2012

Ok, i read a few pages of a discussion and i can relate with the worries about certain champions. I don't play a lot of champions, i have found my favourites and i have stick to them from the beggining, and i'm really worried about how this changes will affect Sejuani.

(Yes, i will be talking about Sejuani, stop reading if i'm already boring you...)

Sejuani is my main. I struggled with her many weaknesses (which are a lot, plz buff her) since her release, i have tried every build and combination of runes, masteries and jungling routes, and by this point i am able to start with boots and pots, getting my first kill/assist at level 3 or 4.

But this new changes seem to be dangerous for her...

More damage from mobs: This makes impossible start with boots... Maybe she can still pull it off with cloth armor or this new item u talk about, but i'm still worried... Can we get more details on hunter's machete?.
She is already extremely weak to counter jungling (Shyvana is a nightmare for Sej) and less health during the first or second clearing could be an early death sentence for her.

Reducing the emphasis on area-of-effect damage dealers: Sej's main source of damage is her Northern Winds. Today she is still far behind the faster junglers, and if AoE damage is going to be less effective, i can only imagine the gap is getting wider...

Almost no one plays Sej, even in free week. I trust the changes will improve the game, but i hope Sej, and the other champions people is worried about, get an alternative to keep being viable.

Keep the updates coming!. And thanks for reading (if you did...).

SynicalDeathblow

11-09-2012

So basically, junglers are going to be useless because ganking will be a lot more difficult and jungling will be more difficult with higher minion damage? This change makes absolutely no sense. Good job making a whole play style useless.

Adelrift

11-09-2012

The thing with the nearest target change is, it can make someone who is chasing another at risk of being attacked by the jungle monster. For example, if an enemy champ was chasing me, and i was running in the jungle, I could hit a monster once, run away (or flash away), and then the enemy chasing me will get attacked by the monster. Since they're gonna get higher damage, it would make it a lot harder for players to chase down others in jungle wouldn't it?

Anrita

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
The Hunter's Machete actually has no raw stats but instead increases your damage dealt to jungle monsters by a % and also adds bonus true damage to your basic attacks against jungle monsters.
Does the % damage increase apply to bonus magic/true damage on basic attacks (e.g. Clockwork Winding) or only the physical damage portion?

TERR0RSAUR

11-09-2012

If you wanted to reduce the clear speed of Aoe junglers and mid lanes taking wraiths why not make the large camp take reduced Aoe damage like Yorick's ghouls or Zyra's plants. Also will every jungler have to build gp/5 to keep up in income to only build support items/wards/oracles. Is Kha'Zix stronger because of his Q doing extra damage to isolated minions even though his early clear is weak. And can those who choose to still get an early level 2 from a buff and then gank, like are exp rates/clear times going to align well with gank times?