Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xillius

11-09-2012

as someone that does not like typical junglers these changes scare me.

my favorite junglers are more suited to support. i love to jungle blitzcrank, taric, lulu, leona and ez. I feel that these new changes will destroy their abilities to jungle... well maybe not taric. he seems quite suited to jungle now.

what im trying to say is while yes it will open up more competitive junglers it sounds like it will lower the overall amount of champions that CAN jungle due to their terrible first jungle clears. once any of these champions have a wriggles or similar item the jungle is a piece of cake.

could you please shed some light on this topic?

thatguyonlol1

11-09-2012

Not trying to come off like an ingrate but, how bout making some more 5v5 maps rather than changing one aspect of the current one.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty777 View Post
f you had a hard lane mid, or you were even with your opponent that was the best way to get back on your feet or get an advantage (over a few wraith camps.) How do you think this will effect the mid lane? Is their spawn time decreased to make up for this?
those wraiths aren't supposed to be for miders anyway, no jungle player wants their jungle to be stolen. then, those who are ahead kill dem damned wraths anyway so it's not like they kill them when they are behind only, it's not a way to get comeback
they would better buffed camp's strength so killing them would be unefficient for mid ap carries, i'm afraid they will steal them even more now

FT BlackDragon

11-09-2012

Or some kind of redesign. Graphic changes... new client... This doesn't effect anything on current jungle. Just makes it harder. ._.

Erythross

11-09-2012

no more superman leash... **** this.

triggMurda

11-09-2012

I didn't read all the posts so i'm not sure if anyone mentioned this. There was talk about buffing champs with high sustain, such as fiddle and ww. These two champs needed it cause they are low tier. However the thing that pops into my head is Nunu. Nunu is NOT what i would consider a low tier jungler and his sustain is such that he jungle easily even on a smurf account with no runes. So my question is are the buffs to sustain type junglers going to put nunu into top tier?

DaisiesAndDukes

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiriba View Post
as someone that does not like typical junglers these changes scare me.

my favorite junglers are more suited to support. i love to jungle blitzcrank, taric, lulu, leona and ez. I feel that these new changes will destroy their abilities to jungle... well maybe not taric. he seems quite suited to jungle now.
I jungle Blitz as well. I think the shifting AWAY from AoE damage reliance will HELP Blitz.

ArcTimes

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyonlol1 View Post
Not trying to come off like an ingrate but, how bout making some more 5v5 maps rather than changing one aspect of the current one.
This

RedNog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

So we're pretty much back to the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2 jungle. I don't know about anyone else's interpretation, but to me it sounds like only the tier 1 and farm junglers will be viable. I mean one of the biggest things that really separates the best junglers from the gimmick ones is sustain. Make things harder and red/blue early that pretty much shuts every other non sustain jungler. Oh so you think guys like fiddle who have high sustain will make a comeback...yea except for the fact that guys like him are mana hogs, you don't get a blue leash you're pretty much going to have to blow your complete mana pool either farming up a level or two on the smaller camps, or spending an eternity at blue and coming out with low mana.
I'm honestly a bit worried the problem of junglers falling behind in levels from S1/Early S2 is going to happen again; you have a gank go bad because you're a level or two behind, and you're pretty much dead in the water for half/the rest of the game.

NemozkyUC

11-09-2012

more jungler make we much OP <3