Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiic

11-09-2012

holy

Bullettime7

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihave2cows View Post
Can we have some stats on this new jungle item? Pretty please?
Agree with this. Could we see the stats on the Hunter's Machete so we can start getting an idea on the overall strength of some of the junglers? Especially for ones that the base info that you've given us is looking to kill.

Wieners Revenge

11-09-2012

I love the new changes.

Some people will complain, just as they did with the jungle changes last year - but over time I think these changes will become popular.

Ttato25

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

ok

MeanBean

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
  • The golem camps monsters have increased movement speed to make them less vulnerable to kiting, especially early on by the blue side bottom lane
If you truly want to fix this issue, just make the small golems spawn at 1:55 as well. No jungler starts at the small golems, so it wont affect the jungling.

Yang Zhi

11-09-2012

Statikk Please tell us all how Hecarim fairs in the new Jungle.

Internet

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
- More powerful jungle creeps
- Less effective AoE
- No leashing

= We are intentionally going to make no-sustain AoE junglers like Sejuani, Nautilus and Shyvana useless. (God knows whether or not Skarner and Hecarim will have enough sustain, but they're AoE based so they will get trashed as well)

Look, I understand you're randomly changing the meta just to sell more champions by making the old picks useless, but please consider people who have practiced a lot with the champions that were designed for the old jungle. Half of their kit revolves around jungling effectively and you are now taking this away.

They will end up like Karma - numerically good, but with a kit designed for a role that doesn't exist anymore.

Gj.
This is why im really really... really sad.
I LOVE aoe junglers the most... I was hoping they would be left viable... or not... so i guess... I can't pony stomp

maybe twitch will be viable again? That would make all of this better, and I would be giddy

@Statikk

-How do twitch and Heca fair.
Please do share, If Twitch fairs poorly, do you plan to buff him? I would LOVE jangle twitch to return to viability.

Zerglinator

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Sejuani's an interesting case because like many of the tank junglers her early clear is very painful. At the same time, she scales surprisingly well with items and so she's proven to be powerful if she can navigate through her early game troubles. Will make tweaks where they are needed.
Finally, some possible tweaks to Sejuani.

Arby099

11-09-2012

Have the strengths of the buffs themselves been significantly changed? I mean red and blue. What's happening with them?

Edzter

11-09-2012

increased jungle mob damage? sejuani already has the worst sustain ever