Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plurin

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetaariis View Post
This does not work. The leasher is 5 times out of 6 the person standing out near the river to look for the invade possibility. This means in order to leash like you're saying they have to go all the way over to the camp and then leash. This leaves the mid laner farther from their cs and lane. Not good.
hmm didnt think bout that well no use cryin bout it til we try out the new jungle im looking forward to what ppl come up with

XunicorntwinkleX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

im sure there isn't a leash issue. these guys strive on competitions and every high elo game starts hovering around the jungler and the first attack is usually the leash. riot knows how important this is.

just like all of their changes, it'll be so minute only the really intense gaming nerds are going to notice the true differences.

M3rc3n4ri0x

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikohoness View Post
I must not be understanding something, because the changes I'm reading about seem totally backwards to me. By making the creeps hit harder and the jungle in general more difficult it seems to me like that is just a great big buff to the few champions that will be able to clear fast, take little damage and still be able to exert early lane pressure.

Meanwhile, it completely eradicates the possibility of using a slow-build late-game champions. From the sound of it, they want to reward junglers that focus on clearing with higher gold/xp. That's great and all, but if the enemy team has a jungler that can clear fast and exert lane pressure while you're just farming, your team is going to hate you. So it sounds like the entire roster of "viable" junglers is going to be compressed by this move to only include those who can deal with the stronger creeps and still exert early lane pressure.

I honestly believe this experiment is going to be a failure of epic proportions.

If they honestly want to eliminate early-game lane pressure, the only way to do that is to restructure the map. In my opinion, early lane pressure is 100% due to the fact that junglers (and others) can approach a lane from the side. Eliminate that and your early-game lane pressure is eliminated. It would force a totally different playstyle. The laning champions would feel safer and it would promote a lot more back-and-forth battle in the early game laning phase.

I'd be curious to see testing on a map that eliminates the river (in place of more jungle), or maybe has temporary walls around the lanes that disintegrate after 10 minutes.
totally agree... now there's going to be a big difference between junglers.. and now tank/junglers are going to grow up really fast...

Gardoure

11-09-2012

so if the other team is by baron and you attack him, he will attack them if they are closer?

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoogleEmpMog View Post
Jungle monsters attacking the closest target is not a "small adjustment." It means jungling pre-Summoner Level 20 goes away entirely, and afterwards there will be no more "clearing" the jungle unless jungle rather than bot becomes the dual lane, with the jungler and support roaming together.

I desperately hope the latter becomes standard, because it will mean ganks actually get MORE terrifying contra the intention of these changes, and people who don't ward will continue to suffer for playing selfishly. :P
You want to punish the adc who has the second most vital role in the game? That's screwed up! Without a great adc, you end up with an absolutely lost game. The only role more important is the jungler because of how much responsibility they have as compared to any other role. Honestly, taking the support away from the adc leaves the bottom lane dominated by anybody with attack speed. Because I've had so many times of playing my favorite adc Miss Fortune and even with superior attack damage, attack speed *****s kill me. That lowers the amount of viable champions. Screw that noise, the bottom lane needs the support not the jungler.

SAGA Chrome

11-09-2012

Focus on this
"•Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"
means no leash . get it?

ALSO means mid and either top or bot has to help jungler to blu /red

which means for purple team's blu, support/mid is gonna help and adc is gonna farm lil early
but for the blu team's blu golem, top mid helps = late start for blu team

so if you are blu team, pick a champ that starts jungle with red

Dem Squats

11-09-2012

All this crying about leashing, this change doesn't prevent your team from helping burst down the blue/red. It's not like these creeps will be off limits for level 1, just means your helper(s) have to throw a few more hits on it.

SoullessCorpse

11-09-2012

Statikk, Any chance these changes will some how bring Rammus back out of the "rage quit if you pick" category in ranked? I miss playing him without being screamed at

Thanks

ThePinkDwarf

11-09-2012

great the increased damage now gets rid of the viability of my favorite jungle leona who ran very close the then limits of health thru the first 3 camps as it is (and yes jungle leona is viable be4 anyone argues i win the majority of games i play jungle leona and it utilizes her tank potential much better than support)

SAGA Chrome

11-09-2012

we need a new map that jungle monsters are really strong and roaming all the time.
full of jungle monsters between lanes that are agressive and strong. will be fun.