Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nakir

11-09-2012

How does this affect Poppy? I loved playing her when I first got her, but then she kind of got lost. I still like playing her and she's an ok jungle now, but still slow at clearing and is way more focused on ganks. Her top lane for me has been hard because of difficulty getting last hits and getting out harassed by better tops. It sounds like Poppy who has a hard time clearing current jungle may become useless when they get stronger.

Zantillia

11-09-2012

So leashing is no longer a thing or is at least much different? Not sure how I feel about that as I ocassionally play junglers who just can't handle the full force of that damage and stil hit the other camps. I hope you've taken that into consideration.

Aside from that it sounds ok so far. Less pressure on early ganks also puts less pressure on the jungler in my opinion but... I'm worried this will force away champions that rely on ganking at level 3 or so to get a good start, also because of how low their health is the stronger creep will make them ineffective and slower at their route. This may bring back formor junglers yes but make others less favorable which I'm not sure I'm ok with. Just something to consider. :/

Merluza00

11-09-2012

how will you buff fiddle jungle with an item, without overbuffing nunu at the same time. Both have similar single target HP drain

Kyle Watts

11-09-2012

I don't understand.... This is a bad thing... this means during mid to late game junglers will be even further behind

Kysenrebith

11-09-2012

Though there may be no leash but at least you can still get attack help from mid and top to help kill it for you. Overall, This update is a good one. Those early easy ganks changes games.

Lalalapoli

11-09-2012

Okay to be honest I like some of the changes but I completely disagree with the monster buffs attacking the nearest person to it because this completely takes the purpose of leashing out of the whole game. I dont know if you guys agree with me but I would hate it if leashing is no longer in the game.

Wispofdoom

11-09-2012

AP junglers now more viable? Mordekaiser, your time has come.

Spikeshell

11-09-2012

wait jungle camps will focus the closer target?
no more superman leash?

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalapoli View Post
Okay to be honest I like some of the changes but I completely disagree with the monster buffs attacking the nearest person to it because this completely takes the purpose of leashing out of the whole game. I dont know if you guys agree with me but I would hate it if leashing is no longer in the game.
Yep, welcome to the club! After reading through so many posts like this, I'm almost thinking of making a petition of gamers to send to Riot telling them to stop this insanity. Everything else Statikk mentioned in the improvements was fine. But destroying leashing is just bad. There's nothing anybody has said in 122 PAGES OF POSTS that has convinced me otherwise.

Prince Xorism

11-09-2012

I guess LB will be fotm after the patch, if jungler can't gank till 6 you're free to win lane.