Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killua ZoIdyck

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
This means that junglers who gank early will likely be at lower health
I foresee counter jungling becoming a HUGE part of jungling now. Monsters keeping junglers at low health just screams counter jungling!! Plus this might open up the door to junglers who rely more on counter jungling then the jungle monsters! And I love that because there are two types of junglers "There's the Hunters and the Hunted!"

mambawarrior0

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Look, I understand you're randomly changing the meta just to sell more champions by making the old picks useless, but please consider people who have practiced a lot with the champions that were designed for the old jungle. Half of their kit revolves around jungling effectively and you are now taking this away.

Gj.
You've gotta be joking.
This change primarily benefits the old junglers, such as fiddlesticks, Warwick, and Trundle (who will probably be pretty strong after this).
Also, I'd like to add that if you consider Sejuani, Nautilus, and Hecarim "old" champions, you can't possibly have much experience with this game.

DJSkills

11-09-2012

man i love the new changes. just hope my Trundle gets more viable and buffed

Gainer Sanga

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCatLady View Post
I foresee counter jungling becoming a HUGE part of jungling now. Monsters keeping junglers at low health just screams counter jungling!! Plus this might open up the door to junglers who rely more on counter jungling then the jungle monsters! And I love that because there are two types of junglers "There's the Hunters and the Hunted!"

I foresee people just choosing to go duo top even more than they already do rather than continuing to jungle since they're basically removing efficient leashing from the game.

xd.

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffV2 View Post
The whole point is to NOT help the Jungler. You solo your lane, the Jungler should too.

Leashes did make it easier for the Jungler, but it also risked the Mid player losing 1-2 last hits. The whole point of this change, is to make a Jungler not need a leash. They'll be fine on their own, and you'll have 1 less thing to worry about.
How the hell can you say that they'll be fine on their own? That is not the case. Even the tank champions that jungle CANNOT WITHSTAND THE DAMAGE DONE BY BLUE/RED BY THEMSELVES. The jungle lane is never nor never should be a solo lane. The jungler has the hardest job in the game honestly because they have to monitor three lanes, make a decision on where to go and is constantly berated by teammates the moment they make ONE mistake. That least Riot can do is listen to the overwhelming opinion I keep seeing posted in this forum post...

DO NOT IMPLEMENT JUNGLE MOBS ATTACKING THE NEAREST ENEMY! IT WILL DESTROY A VITAL TACTIC IN THE GAME CALLED LEASHING!

CamaHa

11-09-2012

Looks cool. Time to dust off some good ol' junglers like WW and Sion.

Jumbledcode

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Sejuani's an interesting case because like many of the tank junglers her early clear is very painful. At the same time, she scales surprisingly well with items and so she's proven to be powerful if she can navigate through her early game troubles. Will make tweaks where they are needed.
Surely it can't take all that much deliberation to address Sejuani? It's well-known that she has just about the weakest early levels in the game, and that's easy to fix. All it takes is a buff to her base stats and/or the early ranks of her skills.

Tokiopopski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Hey, what's Riven like in the new jungle? Still viable?

She's easily one of my favourite junglers right now due to just how fun she is - PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME HAVE TO LANE TO PLAY HER

IS1ca0fc72679656db007c9

11-09-2012

I would like to know more about these AP jungle items (And the other jungle items as well) - What do they give?
I love jungling Diana, and was at first worried that the new jungle was gonna screw her over (Without a good blue pull and some bad luck on wolf crits I can have a risky first run, sometimes not even managing to get red and almost dying to golems, while getting a good first pull allows me to clear all camps a second time after finishing red), but you said she's strong so I'll believe you I would just like to know what the new items do, and what do they build into? I hope they build into items that are in the same price and effectiveness category as Rylai's, Rabadons, etc.

meur

11-09-2012

Please tell me Twitch will still be able to jungle. I will cry if not