Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ch0se

11-09-2012

Hi Statikk,

Could Zed can jungle?
I'm very interesting in buy him.

vDead

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Since the new jungle consists of stronger creep, how will counterjungling be affected?

QueenOfTheJungle

11-09-2012

Sounds Like a negative affect on the squishy junglers... How will I jungle anivia anymore? the ganks are so great, but the clear sucks so bad already. (I know she isnt intended for jungle, but i tried it while trolling and did veryvery well xD)

Farhouse

11-09-2012

Hello riot. i not an usual talker in the forum, but this time im going to brake my silence and comment on some isues i been seen all this time im playing your amazing / adictive game.
First of all, i been changing roles a lot, from mid to top, going from adc to support, and i decided to stay in jungle, but from my experience (that is not alot, but is something) i have come to realize that when i was in every lane and the jungler killed me or helped in my death there was something wrong in my lane, it had nothing to do with the jungler being op or nothing like that, it was that i overextended my push or i was too bully with the enemy champion or as a support i didnt take any "defense" (such as wards) in an early game thinking the jungler wouldnt come. So, do i believe is the junglers fault? NO, never. i do believe is my fault.
Second of all, i like jungle, and i have try every champion for jungling, even anivia jungler (still working on it), but one of the things that make every champion a posible jungler was the leash, with a good leash, any champion could lvl up, and have a better sustain, i have seen annie's jungling, even veigars, nasus, nunus, lots of champions that alone wouldnt have the sustain necesary to complete the jungle and stay alive.
Third, i think that if the mid champion would take the wraiths for extra gold that means a way to make the enemy jungler have a hard time or slowing your team jungler. so there is the truth if the mid champion is fast enought or want to risk a bad jungler is a team decision, not a random choice.
I do understand that there are some players who doesnt play as a team, and that just makes their team worst, their gameplay worst.
If theres anything i would change is the gold and the experience the jungle minions give. its very dificult to sustain a trundle or an olaf jungler, couse they cant buy gold items and that makes them "kill" dependant. Also some junglers such as amumu, (who can buy gold items and have some sustain) tend to fall behind in level.

well i think i dont have anything else to say except for apologize for my bad english.
Have a great day.
And see everyone in the field of justice :P

vTurmoil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

So What your saying is i wont have to be scared of Double Golems anymore?

April Shaw

11-09-2012

Hey Statikk,

How come Smite is still a thing? It seems like a weird move to have in the game. What purpose does it really serve, other than to let your opponents know who is jungling? I feel like outside of your first clear or two, it's by far the least interesting and fun summoner spell in the game, yet I still feel forced to bring it in case there's a smite battle (and to handle those first two clears well). And smite battles suck, because it's basically random :\

r3ttah3ht

11-09-2012

Highlights:

*Jungle monsters attacking nearest target can create weird and complicated situations.
*Hunter's Machete going to have some balancing issues.
*Movement speed for golem camps is unnecessary.
*Everything else is I'm fine with.

More dmg on jungle monster, less dmg from AoE skills which increase single target skills favorable, and higher reward for golems and wolves are fine ideas for the patch.

However, having jungle monsters attack the nearest champion is probably a bad idea due to the fact it can create weird and complicated situations. This eliminate leashing and takes more time for mid/top/bot helping a jungler with monsters. It can also be weird if a mid like lux attack wraiths with q from a far and jungler walking through becomes being attack for passing by.

Though, this debuff maybe have a secret buff like making smite steals much harder early game for both teams depending on whoever got the golem or lizard first. But for saying that kinda makes it fair for both teams and equalize back to a debuff.

Having Hunter's Machete (HM) joining the item roster just further complicates things even further. Mandred Razors, obvious by the post, need HM to build it so the balancing issue can start to escalate from there. Is the att damage or armor too high/low, should it have a passive, would it cost a flat out 475 or should it be cheap enough for red potions, is it even worth the gold?

What I've found unnecessary in the rework is the bonus movement speed of golem camps. It becomes very irrelavant when "Jungle monsters now attack the nearest" comes into effect and that most people just stay and fight the golems rather than running away though kiting which btw really only prevent 'a' hit from the golem before reaching the edge of where it can potentially reset. Unless, they get attack from a far away skill and they towards their target much faster but like again can create a weird situation whoever nearest towards them.

Thus, the end of my opinion of the new jungle in Summoner Rift.

Gainer Sanga

11-09-2012

'Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent'

Guess I'm never jungling again.

ImRecordingYou

11-09-2012

I hope it works out how Riot excepts it to. Because even now I still think the game is too passive yet you are going to make it even more so. With get out of jail free cards like flash ganking was still pretty time consuming to actually get a pay off. You would have to burn their summoner and then come back.

I don't see how making an action strategy game even more passive is going to be fun to play or spectator friendly. Spectators want to see action, deaths and towers go down not 2 guys walk back and forth and kill creeps for 30 mins. Sounds more like watching WoW arena except we have to watch them level to 90 before the fights begin.

Can't wait to test it out though. I always liked the jungle because it was the hardest thing in the game. Season 2 made it friendly and took away from the exclusivity of actually knowing how to jungle because now people can take Yi, Xin, and a few other champs and basically plow their way through it naked which is and never was good for the game.

epicgammer

11-09-2012

This will be great to have the old jungleing experiance again