Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayzar

11-09-2012

Quote:
bow pro:
why would you take out leashing?? this takes the teamwork out of the first 2:00 minutes of the game and makes it extremely difficult on the jungler

It increases teamwork. Instead of, say Lux, casting her orb at the 1:50 second mark and walking away to leash blue. Now she and probably top will need to stick around to help deal damage to blue golem to take it down faster. Think of it this way: basically you'll need to "hard leash" for every jungle.

Also dunno why people are saying this makes jungling more like the old jungle. More champs will be viable than ever before. Since jungling won't be mainly focused on ganks so much and farming it will keep you between mid and bot-duo lane exp/gold levels it turns it more into a lane phase early game in the jungle followed by a champion who can more freely roam later on. You'll no longer have to have a champ who has hard/strong CC to "gank" and baby sit all your lanes. I'm excited. It sounds like jungle Shyv will be more reasonable and finally not have to use Exhaust.

Basically it sounds like the focus is on making the jungle more like it is for Mao for everyone. Mao is pretty weak and slow to jungle early on but quickly ramps up and is ready for some hard ganks and team fights right around when lane phase should be over. Rather than going for the super early ganks that should only be reserved for the champs who can handle them (Lee and Shaco were the examples Statikk gave) or the situations where it's an easy gank.

Shawn Wood

11-09-2012

so your way to make the junge more accessable to more champions is to make it more dificult?

getting rid of leashing (the inital hit that the mid lane usually gives) makes it impossible to clear a jungle in the first run with some champions like heciram and jax who , with the current way things are, are nearly dead by the end of their first route.

you are trying to make the jungle better for more champions, but you are really making it harder for the champions that are already good in the jungle.

why dont we see jungle karma? because the only reason the jungle role exists is for the ganks, and if a champion cant gank, then the lanes may suffer.

way to shoot yourself in the foot there

xClutch

11-09-2012

Can level 2 ganks still be viable? I use alot of jungle champs, and what I do is I farm wraiths quickly, get red, and then gank to mid,
This only works with gap closers and am hoping I can still do this, it usually never results in a kill but it ends up the mid laner burning flash and my mid eventually picks up the kill later in the lane because of the 250 flash cooldown.

Kofo

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Teamwork is great and all, but lets be real... this game isn't the most friendly. I carry more then I see "teamwork".

Making lanes safe or "less likely" to be ganked early is just silly. If top lane is pushing at lvl 1 or 2 he deserves to die. Not to mention it takes your so called "teamwork" to gank early successfully.

I can see the trolls now... "i called jungle!" "fine if i cant jungle hahahlol ollololol" This game is most likely half, under the age of 12.

treef0rm

11-09-2012

Good, hope this change works. Was already tired of the jungle meta being a second support-type champion.

DaisiesAndDukes

11-09-2012

Will the changes make Blitzcrank Jungle more viable? I alreayd do it now in season two, and it appears that nerfing the importance of AoE damage will make Blitz look stronger in comparison.

Tyrauk

11-09-2012

So I am pretty new to the jungle, and I have FINALLY found my rhythm with Lee Sin. Will he still be a strong jungler? From what you are saying, I am guessing yes, but I would love to get a comment or two.

eMgRoB

11-09-2012

Ok I think this is going to make the game alot less interesting. Less action. I also think that the jungle monster targetting the closest target is bad. Leashing the buff in the beginning of the game is going to be stupid.

6Sins

11-09-2012

How will the new jungle use GP10's? Honestly, junglers needed 1-2 GP10's right now to keep up with their build and they turn into useful late-game items like Shurelya's. But now there will be increased gold from jungle. How does this affect jungler builds? Would Nautilus still want his Heart of Gold and Philosophers Stone or can he safely move up to buying a quick Catalyst the Protector to build into Rod of Ages for late-game tankiness and damage?

ZeusIsMyHomeboy

11-09-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
I feel Fiora is significantly weaker than Jax in the jungle.

She has no AoE at all so the smaller monsters are a non-trivial time sink for her. Her resilience is much lower considering she only gets to negate 1 attack as opposed to the many Jax dodges at each camp. Additionally her ganks are significantly less scary due to no CC.

She's definitely weaker than Jax, no doubt. But my question is, do you feel she's stronger in this new jungle than she was in the old jungle?