Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BH Vasudeva

11-09-2012

Here some feedback

1) Too difficult jungle will only add more preassure on lanes as people will rather roam than farm
2) More HP was needed in order to prevent lanes from stealing jungle farm, but combined with more damage will make counterjungling more viable than jungling. Else any non sustained jungle will dissapear.
3) Jungle minions are stronger, and will be even stronger than lane creeps. How is it going to be goldwise? Support champs often scored more gold than junglers without strugling for creeps. So if jungle rework is bad maybe next meta will be teams slaying buffs and then a top lane supported, and you'd kill a position.
4) AP jungle will get some kind of madreds? ATM it is difficult to stay in jungle as AP, cant imagine after minion buffs. Same for tank junglers, cant imagine rammus clearing anything after 15 minutes.

Suggestions:
1) Scaling effects (like RoA) on items that work only on neutral minions (to avoid lane abuse), and overall "on neutral minion" effects. Example, leech life on neutral minions only to allow non sustained junglers to be viable in a stronger jungle, scaling madred-like items for AP and Tanks (on neutral minions only).
2) 2 bulky minions per camp to avoid laners getting more gold than intended.
3) Strong masteries to survive the jungle as someone at riot wanted to nerf armor runes...

Those are my cents on how to set jungle as a snowball position instead of a second slave/support.

SheriffV2

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladrius View Post
Statikk what was the thought process behind removing traditional leashes? I've always felt good when I was able to do a hard leash for the jungler because I know how much it helps them, but now all I can do to help out is deal damage damage or buff the jungler.
The whole point is to NOT help the Jungler. You solo your lane, the Jungler should too.

Leashes did make it easier for the Jungler, but it also risked the Mid player losing 1-2 last hits. The whole point of this change, is to make a Jungler not need a leash. They'll be fine on their own, and you'll have 1 less thing to worry about.

mambawarrior0

11-09-2012

As a Fiddlesticks player who just got his spectral skin on sale (yeah, cheap, but still),
THANK YOU!!!!

ababababcbcb cb

11-09-2012

Will Shyvana and Udyr still be powerful? They are my favorite junglers. Also, will tank junglers have a hard early game?

MymommaOP

11-09-2012

Good Riot, NOW: I would love to hear when the patch is coming out?.
I know it is not ready, but i mean ... we're on NOV 9!..

Sh00t3rman

11-09-2012

Can you reduce the healing speed when a monster looses it's target? I don't know how many times I've gotten one nice and low for my ally, run away to avoid killing it, and then its back to half health in 2 seconds. Please fix this or add a buffer time before it starts healing.

XSushiiiX

11-09-2012

Interesting.....

bearded0ne

11-09-2012

Nunu seems like it will be a lot of fun in this new jungle. Consume on big minion = almost no dmg from camps and a safe jungle / counterjungle

Mulldozer5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Statikk, have you done any testing with 2 junglers? Say Alistar and Yi... Alistar can CC and tank while Yi does the damage.

Divine714

11-09-2012

Stakik I just want to say I love how you are replying to all the posts in this forum post. It's really being helpful. Thank-you