Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Good Housekeepin

11-09-2012

How will Nasus fair in the jungle with the single target changes? I feel like with the current top lane champions available, it would be more feasible to move him into the jungle.

bussta boy

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
We tried to ensure that jungle items were non-optimal to laners. This doesn't mean that there's no possibility that someone may buy the AP Spirit Stone mid lane to help farm wraiths or do fast Dragons and Barons. We're open to the possibilities and will address problems only if they are actual problems.
Rengar needs to be monitored he's already OP in the jungle right now because of his clear times, sustain and his passive. I don't know how many games I've seen a rengar instantly kill a lane after doing his red and having full ferocity.

acrid56

11-09-2012

wait..... Riot is actually BUFFING something?!
YAY! this disproves the december 21st theory! And counteracts on the disney star wars buyout! THE WORLD WON'T END! THANK YOU RIOT!

CynicalGiant

11-09-2012

Is Renekton able to jungle now? I knew he could before, but now there might be a reason if there are items to stop him from falling, items to speed up his clears and the ability to be able to farm the jungle and not be far behind.

He also has a nice mix of sustain, aoe and single target clearing. He also gets a gap closer and a stun for ganking as well.

Mattn33

11-09-2012

So if the machete is good for junglling will ADC start taking it too? I would imagine that it will have armor and life steal and possibly damage. So take it or get pushed out of lane basically. Same for top if not more so. It does depend on its stats though so we will see.

Obokui

11-09-2012

This kinda makes me sad, due to the fact, that I had only started playing from mid Season 2, but I guess it will give me a challenge when jungling now.

Kmacc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I'm feeling very optiminstic about these changes, I've jungled for nearly 3 years now and to be totally honest the current jungle has needed more gold. We may see the viability of more assassiny junglers such as Xin making a bigger impact now. I was getting really tired of the current jungle being realy focused on gp10 and utility to be able to make a splash in the games as a jungler. Can't wait to see what the changes are looking like but it sounds good so far!

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearded0ne View Post
In a lot of the more competitive play you see the support using at least 1 war early game, pre minions spawned, in order to keep track of the jungler / enemy team. You can place wards at your jungle entrance that also covers river.
I don't know about ranked teams but I've never seen this in any game I've played (Solo Queue ranked or Normal).

Nęx

Master Recruiter

11-09-2012

No more leashing? That is super lame...

Xel Meshif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Definitely keeping my eye on several cases like Nautilus. Because his utility and ganks are top of the line, his clears should certainly still be somewhat painful compared to junglers who don't bring those strengths.

We'll be taking a look at junglers across the board and making champion specific changes where necessary. Slightly buffing up the early game of tank junglers such as Rammus and Nautilus (who were in some ways overnerfed due to the current jungle meta) is certainly not out of the question.
oh thank god ! you had me worried for a while, was afraid it would turn out to be another nerf to my beloved rammus !