Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

New Wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I've seen some talk regarding new/more support items and one of the things I haven't heard about are potentially new wards. A friend and I thought of a bunch of different possible wards that we'd love to see. Some are neat and some are ridiculous but I like the idea of different ward styles.

Directional Ward - put it down and aim it and it reveals a cone in a certain direction.

Lighthouse Ward - It has a directional cone that spins.

Reach Ward - You can place it much further away but it has a smaller duration or radius.

Pulsing Ward - Larger area of visibility but it is on for a few seconds and then off for a few.

Mobile Ward - A ward with a set path that it follows.

Indestructible Ward - A ward that is indestructible for it's duration but can be seen by everyone and only reveals the fog of war to your team.

Community Ward - A ward that is cheap but reveals the fog of war to everyone.

Alert Ward - A ward that doesn't reveal the fog of war but pings for your team when someone is in it's radius.

Activation Ward - A ward that you place but stays in your inventory and when someone enters the radius you can activate it once for a stun or slow or damage then it burns out.

Beaver Ward - It gives fatherly advice whenever you enter the area.

Those are just some thoughts on wards and I haven't considered too heavily on gold cost or duration or radius that these should/could/would have. Am I crazy or would this make playing a support role a lot more interesting? Are there any other ward ideas?

The Blue Jelly

I like the Alert ward, and find the Beav one hilarious....

The rest are kinda meh tbh XD

Like the idea of a moble ward. Place one and have an area patrolled but might be broken if the patrol radius is to large.