[Video] Janna hints/tricks and tips.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qsario

11-19-2012

BTW, on building Janna: I would always start faerie charm + wards + pots, philo first, then lvl 1 boots, then Heart of Gold. That's most of your income right there. I don't think I would rush Shureliya without even getting a HoG, you lose too much cash. I've ended up with more assists than CS in more than a few games.... After that, it varies, but often Aegis or Shureliya, whatever we need more. Occasionally I might grab an early Zeke's, depending on team comp, if we're snowballing hard, just to keep up the pressure. Then merc threads 99% of the time (with highly situational swaps) and whatever auras we need/I can afford.

I actually love Locket of the Iron Solari, but it's only really useful in teamfights and you want to pop it early in the engagement while you're alive and together, rather than using it to save just one person while fleeing.

Final build will look something like merc threads, shurelia, locket or randuin, aegis and a couple of situational auras depending on team comp / affordability, generally picked from Zeke's Herald, Will of the Ancients, Frozen Heart (rarely), Guardian Angel, Quicksilver Sash, Banshee's Veil or Soul Shroud.

And for me, 99% of the time, I still end up with just Merc, Shureliya, locket (too poor for randuin usually), Aegis, Zeke's and almost never get farther than that.

Fang0r

11-19-2012

Nice vid. makes me want to get janna as a support.

toguppy

11-19-2012

@ Qsario, you can use alt + the skill to self cast which would then allow you to bind that s to another usefull thing. also I find I can alt with my thumb faster which can stay in that position rather than moving a finger. this also allows you selfcast any other skill.

Qsario

11-20-2012

That's a good point but possibly more useful on other champions (and one of the reasons I support the thread in HUD Discussion about per-champion keybindings[1]).

For me, "shield self" is a high enough priority that I don't want even the ~100ms delay it might take to move my thumb over there. Similar logic is behind the fact that my flash spell is always f, because that finger has a slightly faster reaction time.

Hard to say if it has ever saved me, but special shield keybindings and a lot of practice have greatly improved my ability to drop clutch shields. It's always fun when you can negate, say, Caitlyn's harass during laning as you watch that big bullet-thing go slamming into a shield you put up in less than a second.

I just wish that I could more easily control the champion order. I spend the walk into lane repeating to myself whatever keybinding will shield the ADC that game and then practice during some of the harassing in lane until I get it down to a reflex.

[1]: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2781467

SawySavvy

11-21-2012

Thanks for all the comments and feedback.
I will take this with me and focus on my next guid/hint/trick project that will be the new support champ.

I will try not to dissapoint you all.