Looking to buy my first champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyric09

11-08-2012

This is driving me crazy. I finally have enough IP to buy one of the champs worth 1350, and I can't decide for the life of me who to get.

So far, my favourite champ out of the free ones to use has been Caitlyn, because I tend to stay alive a lot better with her than any other, but I just can't finish off the other champs very well. Usually wind up sticking to the top or bottom with her and stay there, though i'm wondering if jungling is a better option? Or at least just getting into a better position to gank people with her ultimate.

That's aside from the point though. What I want to do is push lanes and destroy towers fast. Strategies for dealing with other champs using whoever is recommended would be good too.
Champs who have caught my interest have been as follows:
Master Yi
Warwick
Tryndamere
Sion
Alistar
Karthus - if I could afford him.
Blitzcrank - Again, if I could afford him.

Two others who are a lot further down the road though are:
Xeraph and Brand

Superßoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyric09 View Post
This is driving me crazy. I finally have enough IP to buy one of the champs worth 1350, and I can't decide for the life of me who to get.

So far, my favourite champ out of the free ones to use has been Caitlyn, because I tend to stay alive a lot better with her than any other, but I just can't finish off the other champs very well. Usually wind up sticking to the top or bottom with her and stay there, though i'm wondering if jungling is a better option? Or at least just getting into a better position to gank people with her ultimate.

That's aside from the point though. What I want to do is push lanes and destroy towers fast. Strategies for dealing with other champs using whoever is recommended would be good too.
Champs who have caught my interest have been as follows:
Master Yi
Warwick
Tryndamere
Sion
Alistar
Karthus - if I could afford him.
Blitzcrank - Again, if I could afford him.

Two others who are a lot further down the road though are:
Xeraph and Brand
That right there describes Master Yi perfectly. He is great for new players to try out but be warned he is easily shut downed if your enemies have Cc to stop him

BacardiMan

11-08-2012

Tryndamere was actually my very first buy, but that's because I did a little bit of research into the game's champions before even downloading it. He's certainly a really fun champ to play, and an easy one as well. He's able to solo top, jungle, pretty much able to do anything at those early summoner levels. Later on down your League of Legends time, when you reach higher levels, you'll want to keep him as either a jungler or a solo top. Just some food for thought. Also, he's one of the more interesting champs. Learned a lot about him through the long time I played as him. He's got a very good escape, akin to ezreal's, shen's, lee's (if he has a ward for it), and fizz's. He's certainly worth the IP, in my opinion.

Nidilen

11-08-2012

Hey Cyric09

I just looked through the list that you have and the description of the champion you want, and I believe you would be very satisfied with Master Yi!

Master Yi is the king of taking down turrets due to his ultimate which speeds him up lightning fast! With this ability he can also take down other summoners relatively fast!

Master Yi has 4 abilities and his passive.

His passive is Double Strike!
This allows him to hit a tower, minion or champion two times on his 7th auto attack. This is amazing for destroying pesky towers!

His Q ability is called Alpha Strike!
This ability allows him to hit 5 minions or champions. When it hits minions it has a % chance of doing 400 extra damage to the minion. This makes it great for clearing the waves of minions.

His W ability is called Meditate!
This ability allow Master Yi to heal and gain a massive amount of Armor and Magic Resist (becomes tanky) but it immobilizes him! This is a great ability to keep you in lane!

His E ability is called Wuju Style!
This ability increases his attack damage
ANDDD when activated it doubles the bonus attack damage. One problem though, when its on cool down (when it cant be used) the ability doesn't grant him the additional attack damage. BUT this is also a fun ability to take down champions fast!

LAST BUT DEFIANTLY NOT LEAST!

His R ability! Highlander!

This ability grants him movement speed and attack speed! Not only that, but when its activated he cant be slowed by other champions and when he kills an opponent, his abilities go off cool down! This ability is the major key to Master Yi.

So if you want a champion that is amazing at taking down turrets, slicing up minions and able to dominate other champions, Master Yi is the right pick for you!

If you have any more questions about the champions on your desired list just add me in game or respond to this and I will answer as fast as possible!

~Nidilen

Nidilen

11-08-2012

I guess that is two votes for Master Yi! XD
And one vote for Tryndamere! Which is also a super awesome champion!

Cyric09

11-09-2012

Thanks for the quick responses. After a couple more matches I will probably be able to buy both of them and see who I like better, lol. I think i'll try Master Yi for now since he's cheaper, and if it works really well, I might just start saving up for one of the other guys, and if not, Trynd.

Nidilen

11-09-2012

Well I am glad I could be useful for something today.

If you have any more questions just ask!

~Nidilen

Oddible

11-09-2012

You did get the free Tristana and Alstair right? From YouTube and Facebook?

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-09-2012

ad warwick is nice. built in attack speed boost you don't need to buy more. just get bildewater cutlass and or bloodthirster and have endless sustain. and take enemy turret as soon as they been bullied out of it.

ad champs are typically the ones who take turrets faster.

master yi believe it or not is an ap champ. the whole point of wuju style is that you can build ap and still do ok damage with your auto attack. and his ult enhances his attack speed, no need to build more attack speed on master yi.

players who play ad master yi are wasting his kit. now you got a heal that heals alot less, and a q harass that has ap damage totals higher than most ap ults, that q on yi going more to waste too.

1.0 ap ratio guranteed to hit 4 targets(4.0 ap damage which is insane high damage output on one move), that is better than brands ult. yi can then meditate forcing a stun, then use his ult to escape or chase people, with his already decent damage auto attack from wuju style. also ap yi should never initiate though wait till the enemies fought a little bit with his team then he swoops in, and executes people.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I also started with Yi and Trynd. They're both excellent champions for learning on, having good sustain and a mechanism to avoid dying. They also do alot of physical damage, and can let you carry very hard in the games where you get fed.

As you progress, you'll want to diversify alot(I have nearly 40 champions now, all of which were bought with IP, and many players have 90 or 100 or even all of them), but for now, those two will give you a good start.

Play the free rotation alot to get ideas for what to buy next, and as you get to the point where the meta starts being a thing, buy champions to work within that framework, to fill whatever gaps are left after your original purchases.

Also be aware of runes and rune pages - you'll want to get those going around the time you hit level 20, if not before, and they also require IP.