Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zed's way too squishy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redbutton

11-09-2012

All I gotta say.

Bled

11-09-2012

Yeah, he needs like a shield on W or something. He just can't compete with other tops that you'd pick over him. I'm not sure why straight up damage champs aren't made more like Riven.

One of the best examples of a champion that can be built almost solid damage that is melee, it's 'cause she comes with a good package to take care of herself.

DarkTundras

11-09-2012

tops? i play him mid and jungle pft

Bled

11-09-2012

Except champs like Talon are rarely played because he fits only a specific role. If he didn't have a silence on his E, Talon would be a worthless champ, he's almost there already.

I have a problem with assassin champs in that they just don't fit the meta anymore. Akali used to be the wonder of solo queue, you never see her anymore because even with some defensive utility in her W, she's just not viable compared to other champs.

Coma Circle

11-09-2012

Assassins should be squishy, they're basically designed to jump on someone and seriously do work on them in a short period of time. They aren't made to fight long battles or be tanky at all, they are made to kill someone. They want to wait and look for the opportune moment to hop in and pick someone off before the team can really react. This is why they are typically considered high risk/high reward champions.

Zed has a long rage farming/poke skill that he can use basically forever since he uses energy instead of mana. He also has a pretty good escape in his W and his ult lets him dodge spells if used properly. You can still build him tanky but then you trade off your high burst potential, and if you build a lot of damage you have to trade off some tankiness, you can't have everything.

To be honest I don't think hes designed to be a top lane champion, most assassins don't typically go top because they don't do well against bruisers/tanks. You would be much better off in mid lane against a squishy ap carry or in the jungle.

Im Contributing

11-09-2012

Let's be honest. With his passive on his W, he needs to be squishy or he'd just be one of the most overpowered champions in the game. >_>' lets be 100% honest with that.

Bled

11-09-2012

But his W is meant to scale with items, aka late game.

His early game is really pretty rough with the energy management and his ult being very underwhelming now until 16.

You really don't assassinate much until level 16 and then he gets out of control, which I don't think is a good set up.

Nerf the W some, it's a great idea, but cut the ratio's down a bit and give him a bit more utility or survivability. No one likes playing a champ that just dies in every team fight without even the possibility of making it out alive.

From PR

11-09-2012

lol Riot is now making every new Champion way too squishy and UP. sucks

DanSparrow

11-09-2012

So what if he's squishy? Maybe you didn't even check the stats, but his difficulty is set at max, you know why? because it's not for noobs, it's for people who knows how to play, and believe me, if you know that, you can easily avoid damage and escape from ganks, specially with his skills.

Bled

11-09-2012

That was without a doubt one least constructive things I've seen in these forums.

I know it sounds cool to say that, but in actuality, you're going to lose to any decent Jax, Olaf, Riven, or any other sustainable or utility based top laner.