Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Having a disjoint server issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Intrade

11-21-2009

Ok so I'm from Washington State, and a friend of mine is from California and I can't seem to add him to my friends list and vice versa.

Is there a way such that I can be on the same server as him if there are separate server zones? I'd very much like to play with my friends.

Thanks

-Intrade

Intrade

11-22-2009

bumping this post... I'm really hoping someone can help me with this issue.

-Intrade

Intrade

11-22-2009

Another bump >_<

Intrade

11-23-2009

*sigh* another bump...

Jesse Perring

Recruiter

11-23-2009

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you.

There are two separate servers, US and European. Each server requires a completely different version of the game to run. Because you're posting on the US boards, it's likely that you have a US client. Your friend will have to make a new US account to play with you on the US servers.

Your friend can sign up for a US account here:
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/

A lot of external sites (Fileplanet for example) only have the European client available for download, so that's probably where the confusion happened.