Refusals to revive.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stiff Tacos

11-08-2012

Revive is so standard that when I have teammates that don't have revive selected, I kindly ask them to run it. Most of the time they agree, but there are always those SR players that insist on running flash/ignite on their glass cannon Twitch. They also like to include snide remarks, I've noticed.

There is always the standard: "I don't plan on dying"
Also: "You're the tank, protect me better"
"That cooldown is outrageous"

However, the other day I got: "I'm not Hindu"

He was still an idiot, but it made me laugh a little.

What have you guys seen?

Phourc

11-08-2012

I don't try to force people who don't want to revive to run it, as it really requires a lot of experience to not just use the revive, but use it to generate a strong advantage.

(I do, however, assume my e-peen is bigger, cause I'm an ass like that xP)

HaIfhearted

11-08-2012

Well, I don't usually get non-revivers anymore, but on my smurf I usually get the "don't plan on dying" line.

Which is all the funnier when they end up dying, and its especially hilarious when they die over and over.
Well, it's also sad, but the irony makes me smile.

And I never force people to run revive.
I just politely ask them if they've thought about the potential benefits and tell them to "give it a try some day".

FDru

11-08-2012

I miss the days before the "focus the hell out of the guy without revive" meta where I could not take revive and actually not die.

Veni13

11-08-2012

Yea man, I get "the standard" all the time too. Then they end up going 2/15/3 or something. "So what happened to not dying?" So annoying.

I ask all the non-revives if they wanna grab revive in champ select though. I remember my team and I owned a full-revive team while having 2-3 revives ourselves, and it wasn't even close; but constantly felt like the game could turn around at any time. Thankfully it didn't.

Though to be honest I don't get a lot of non-revives on my main.

blackDAILO

11-08-2012

Most of the time they would forget to take the summoner spell mastery, which imo really makes revive so effective. I just don't bother anymore.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Well, I don't usually get non-revivers anymore, but on my smurf I usually get the "don't plan on dying" line.

Which is all the funnier when they end up dying, and its especially hilarious when they die over and over.
Well, it's also sad, but the irony makes me smile.

And I never force people to run revive.
I just politely ask them if they've thought about the potential benefits and tell them to "give it a try some day".

Amen, nothing more painful that seeing that flash ignite heimerdinger rage at you for revive at pre-game screen and giving you the "not noob, i dont plan on dying " then he goes bot and keeps dying over and over losing the point

well it's kinda funny when you are on the other side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnrVu...4&feature=plcp

but yes i've lived it from both perspectives.

FOODFOOD

11-09-2012

I usually only say something if it's my bot laner that doesn't have Revive. In my opinion, that's probably the most important role to equip it. If they say no, though, I try not to push the issue since it'll just make them upset.

Palladine

11-09-2012

I tend to think Revive is stronger on coordinated teams rather than just randomly spammed in solo-queue. If everyone just takes it and doesn't coordinate it, it will just end up on CD when it could really be used by multiple teammates to great effect.

I think it's best on bottom laners with low escape potential, and people with global ultimates (Shen, Panth, Noct, TF) that can use it and quickly get back into a teamfight before it is resolved.

I don't usually take it myself because I can Ghost myself out of three potential ganks in the time that Revive could negate the consequences (time spent dead) of one.

Tempestphile

11-09-2012

I stopped trying convincing people to take Revive

Sometimes I am the only one, but I am ok

What I can't stand at my elo is people not taking garrison and turret diving