Tips for fighting Shen top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blac Iyc

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagonte View Post
Counter with high-sustain duelists like Irelia, Olaf, Warwick, Cho'Gath, etc.
or my favorite: shyvana with 9% starting life steal(rune/mastery)

Obama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

If your captain derped and did not ban shen, you need to play a very high sustain duelist top.

And you need to count on the shen making some major mistakes

Ixmel

11-08-2012

I beat Shens suspiciously often as Mantheon. Just have to hope they're jumpy on their shields and blow it too early (or they just suck in general and hit it too late).

Bonus: Shieldbonk on command. What ult?

takeshi85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixmel View Post
I beat Shens suspiciously often as Mantheon. Just have to hope they're jumpy on their shields and blow it too early (or they just suck in general and hit it too late).

Bonus: Shieldbonk on command. What ult?
^This

Played Solo top Panth against a Shen in Normals.

Aside from mana problems (which Panth has) and His passive being useless against him, I was winning the lane and eventually took down his turret.

The Ruthless Pantheon skin also helped

But remember, chances are that you WONT get fed as Panth against a Shen, even with a jungler ganking (my bro was Jungling Jarvan). Never got a kill because of that shadow dash, didn't get too fed, and had very little impact come late game.

It didn't help having bottom feeding and raging, but oh well. We all have a few of those.

Ixmel

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi85 View Post
^This

Played Solo top Panth against a Shen in Normals.

Aside from mana problems (which Panth has) and His passive being useless against him, I was winning the lane and eventually took down his turret.

The Ruthless Pantheon skin also helped

But remember, chances are that you WONT get fed as Panth against a Shen, even with a jungler ganking (my bro was Jungling Jarvan). Never got a kill because of that shadow dash, didn't get too fed, and had very little impact come late game.

It didn't help having bottom feeding and raging, but oh well. We all have a few of those.
Get an early Meki on Panth. Huck spears err'day. Maybe upgrade it to a chalice against an AP top.

Yes, it's not MOAR DAMAGE. Yes, you will probably get mocked. Totally works, though.

BlazingSalvo

11-08-2012

A champion with CC that can stop a channel, a champion that can push hard and punish him leaving, or a champion that doesn't mind it when Shen gets assist/kill gold every few minutes because that's what's going to happen.

Marifrit

11-08-2012

a ban is a nice counter

TheYerrowPeril

11-08-2012

top soraka can destroy him

TheLazyGent

11-08-2012

Pick Garen and silence him every time he tries to ult, if he succeeds to ult enjoy your free farm and carry your team till late late game. Shen doesn't really do much vs Garen till he starts getting items in my experience.