Calls or Pick Order

Calls 39 19.12%
Pick Order 165 80.88%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

"Shotgun" Calls or Pick Order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masakan

11-08-2012

This is kind of a touchy subject for me.

On one hand you should respect the pick order and should let whoever is first pick what they want.

On the other hand there is a good chance that the higher up you are the easier it is to counter you.

This is why I think that the last 2 picks should get top and mid.

First pick should play support and the middle 2 get support and adc. Course this is how I would do it and i don't speak for the community.

All in all i support calls over pick order mainly because calling it means that if the person is lower its harder to counter them.

Fredgerd

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakan View Post
This is kind of a touchy subject for me.

On one hand you should respect the pick order and should let whoever is first pick what they want.

On the other hand there is a good chance that the higher up you are the easier it is to counter you.

This is why I think that the last 2 picks should get top and mid.

First pick should play support and the middle 2 get support and adc. Course this is how I would do it and i don't speak for the community.

All in all i support calls over pick order mainly because calling it means that if the person is lower its harder to counter them.
Trading does exist however, which solves this problem pretty well unless people are fighting with each other or don't speak the same language.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Why is there no option for neither?

I don't really follow either rules, I talk with my teammates and figure out who wants what and who's best at what. I've had pretty good luck lately with people willing to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredgerd View Post
Trading does exist however, which solves this problem pretty well unless people are fighting with each other or don't speak the same language.
I wouldn't recommend trying to coordinate trades at lower elos, it goes completely wrong far too often.

In fact, just today in the 1400s, I had two teammates who were going to trade, then one of them afk'd until the match started, completely ****ing the other guy over.

Akesgeroth

11-08-2012

Pick order confirmed by red months ago. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. It's like debating whether red or green light at a street sign should mean "Go".

Hitaro

11-08-2012

The "Shotgun Call" system is when the first person to identify that they want a role in chat is the one that receives that role.

In the "Pick Order" system, the person who appears highest in the champion selection order gets priority over what role they obtain. First pick you may pick whatever role you wish, second pick chooses from the remaining four roles, etc.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each role. You don't need to mention confusion caused by the Shotgun call system or the the fact that people are more often countered because they first pick top or mid. Just provide definitions. No need to use words like "fair" or "scramble" which provide negative connotations. If one is truly better than the other, it'll show in the poll.

Mahoh

11-08-2012

Always pick order. You're last and that means you don't get top.

Fredgerd

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
Why is there no option for neither?

I don't really follow either rules, I talk with my teammates and figure out who wants what and who's best at what. I've had pretty good luck lately with people willing to do that.
That's awesome. I have had less luck with this though as have many others. There really needs to be a rule of some sort in my opinion.

Fredgerd

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitaro View Post
The "Shotgun Call" system is when the first person to identify that they want a role in chat is the one that receives that role.

In the "Pick Order" system, the person who appears highest in the champion selection order gets priority over what role they obtain. First pick you may pick whatever role you wish, second pick chooses from the remaining four roles, etc.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each role. You don't need to mention confusion caused by the Shotgun call system or the the fact that people are more often countered because they first pick top or mid. Just provide definitions. No need to use words like "fair" or "scramble" which provide negative connotations. If one is truly better than the other, it'll show in the poll.
Cool, thx I've added it to the first post. I'm leaving my explanations up as well, for people who would like to read some criticism of each.

Fredgerd

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoh View Post
Always pick order. You're last and that means you don't get top.
Well, not really. You could get top, and in fact you have a better chance to counterpick if you do, so you should at least trade to the guy who is top.

You just don't neccessarily get top just because you called it.

Masakan

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredgerd View Post
or if the guy your trying to trade with doesn't have the champ you want.