Reasons why 3v3 has ranked and not dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alkeria

11-08-2012

Can someone explain why a mode in BETA gets the privilege of being competitive when dominions been out for a year does not get a competitive scene

TM oJun

11-08-2012

bump for ranked dominion ):

Best AP Riven NA

11-08-2012

I could be wrong, but I believe 3's existed as a game type before dominion did, the map simply changed. But I do understand your point. Ranked dominion...go!

Kelly Price

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

If Dominion had a ranked option, I might play it.

But it doesn't.

So I don't.

naotasan

11-08-2012

Another thread moved from GD?
More people saying they'd play Dominion if it had ranked?

Sigh

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Another thread moved from GD?
More people saying they'd play Dominion if it had ranked?

Sigh
A big sigh indeed.

Infirc

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
A big sigh indeed.
well they at least say they'd play it not something stuppidly metasheepy like
"Dominion no desurv ranked and i'm glad it wunt get competituve sceeeene cos they shud giev us nother 5v5 three-lane map wid differunt jangle but same buffs, heard it first at streeeeeem" <-- and yes not the stream owner jsut some random player in the chat.

FDru

11-09-2012

I found a brilliant explanation here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2753057&page=2

(warning: not actually brilliant)

ElevenOfClubs

11-10-2012

TT's ranked is all about the grandfather clause.

When the first created the ranked queue TT was a thing, and so they put their shiny new inovation (ranked) on their shiny new map without fully considering the balance situation as is the official reason why dominion doesn't have ranked.

Then they updated the map with only what 2 weeks left to go in the season. Riot than had to decide between closing the ranked queue (and being consistent with their dominion position) or leave the queue open so people can still try to get those season 2 rewards.

QQ all you want about the fact that this isn't fair to those who want to get rewards off Dominion (and it's not fair), but it would be nothing compared to the revolt of people who felt they could go gold with that last week or two.

I'm guessing Roit took the beta live when they did so they have a chance to get things balanced in time for ranked season 3 play. I doubt Riot wants to alienate players by either turning off ranked TT or being hypocrites to dominion players.

Rikukun

11-12-2012

TT has ranked because it was given ranked a while back, and so it would be an upset to take away it's ranked since it has always had it, even though it really shouldn't right now.

On the other hand, dominion never had ranked because it was never balanced, and so they havn't turned it on yet, and won't until they fix the map which is in who knows how long.