Riot, what do you want Gangplank to do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DONGCART

12-17-2012

I like Gangplank. I like him a lot. Give me half a chance in a game and I'll play as a damn pirate. His problem is that his kit isn't really attuned to any one role in the game. He's mobile and can escape with Scurvy, but he's only got one ability to deal damage. He can slow people to deal more damage, but his initial slow is pathetic until he gets stacks, and it's too difficult for him to catch up with his kit. He has no solid gap closer and no backup damage for when Parrrley is on cooldown. Should he have some aspects of his kit redesigned? What does the community think?

Buckledsafe

12-17-2012

Want to know why my Rodger is so jolly?

Cretinok

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckledsafe View Post
Want to know why my Rodger is so jolly?
A pirate walks into a bar with a large wooden steerling wheel attached to the front of his pants. After a few minutes of watching him struggle to get onto a bar stool, the bartender asks him "Hey, whats with the wheel?" The pirate responds "Arrr, its drivin me nuts."

vVvMagwai

12-17-2012

He is a melee carry, not an assassin. Fiora only really has 1 ability that deals damage, and you don't even max it first. Their kits aren't designed to have all their damage bursting from their abilities. They both have damage steroids, some utility/defense ability, and a damage ability. GP's parrrlay can crit though, do you know how much damage that thing can do, especially with an IE boosting it? Destroys AD carried and mages. The point to GP and fioras kits are to keep them different from AD casters. Their damage comes from attacking a target over a few seconds, not directly from their abilities.

The Egad

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebum View Post
He is a melee carry, not an assassin. Fiora only really has 1 ability that deals damage, and you don't even max it first. Their kits aren't designed to have all their damage bursting from their abilities. They both have damage steroids, some utility/defense ability, and a damage ability. GP's parrrlay can crit though, do you know how much damage that thing can do, especially with an IE boosting it? Destroys AD carried and mages. The point to GP and fioras kits are to keep them different from AD casters. Their damage comes from attacking a target over a few seconds, not directly from their abilities.
I suppose that Gangplank is not technically an assassin, but I sure do like stacking critical strike items on him along with Critical Strike Damage Runes. I usually run with a build that adds 25% extra critical strike damage with Gangplank and grab a Trinity Force, Phantom Dance, Infinity Edge, etc.

The build is really impractical as it provides little-to-no defense for you, but it sure is fun to wait in bushes and ambush enemy carries with a Parrley!