@new TT fans- Riot's policy on balance in TT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Journeyboy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We currently don't have a really good framework to addess per-map champion balancing. There's a lot of design organizational talks behind-the-scenes to figure out how best to do this sort of stuff. It won't happen overnight, but we do know that some champs are horribly unbalanced on certain maps, and we're not OK with it.
Well if I was to put my 2 cents in, I would take each problem case by case instead of an over arching system, because with the sheer variety and number of champions, that would be a developer's worst nightmare to make and then maintain.

Like for Darius I would have his ult scale with number players in area like wukongs passive.

And for assassins and adc's I would have item(s) that scale with level and reverse scale with health, the more health you have, the less damage and/or movement speed you get(level scaling is so that rushing it wont give absurd stats). Call it "Will of the night stalker". Make it build from a zeal and brutalizer.

Thanks for the update regardless.

DTrick

DTrick

11-24-2012

Dear Riot,

I have made you many suggestions in my time as a summoner. Most coming in the way of wildly op champion ideas like "Maverick The Miner" whos thread was legitimized by a RiotJeffJew red post. Although I still profess Twisted Fates current passive spawned from the loins of Maverick The Miner, I now realize a champion who digs holes and has a 5 second taunt is OP.

Today I come to you a more seasoned summoner then I was in those months post beta. It is in this advanced stage of development that I submit to you my opinion on the new Twisted Treeline and how to move forward with it.

1. I thoroughly enjoy the new map. I feel that it has gone a long way in thwarting the blink champions that dominated the old TT.

2. Although the new map has reduced the power of highly mobile champions, the power of tanky bruisers remains substantial. The new %health damage items are a start, but some champions like Darius, Shen, and Singed are still near unkillable. This creates a problem where if you buff the new item pool they will become far too powerful, but if you leave them the same champions like Darius, Singed, and Shen remain must bans.

-----------------------------------------------------SOLUTION----------------------------------------------------------

Solution:
Since the pool of "Very OP" and "Very UP" champions is relatively small (Around 8 champs on each side of the scale). I suggest that specific champions either "Thrive" in the Treeline or are "Frightened" of it.

Champions that "Thrive" in the Treeline get a champion specific buff/buffs. These would be flat % buffs to either increase the damage they deal or reduce the damage they take. These buffs could even be tied to their lore.

Example: Alistar thrives in the Treeline, Increasing his damage by 5% and reducing the damage he takes by 5%.
Champions that "Frightened" receive a champion specific debuff/debuffs. These would be flat % debuffs to either reduce the damage they deal or increase the damage they take.

Example: Singed is frightened of the treeline, increasing the damage he takes by 5% and reducing the damage he deals by 5%.

These buff's and debuffs would be champion specific, so the level of Singed "Fright" and the level of Darius' "Fright" wont be the same.

This champion specific buffs/debuffs would allow you to balance TT without hurting the balance of SR.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Item additions were great for TT, but what about a Twisted Treeline aura. Any reason that hasn't been implemented?