@Pendragon, a sincere plea from a banned player

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OwangeBoy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrolights View Post
Wrong.
Riot can, at any time, for any reason, with OR without warning permanently ban you.
Just like you don't really 'own' any of the stuff you may have unlocked - even with RP. You are essentially renting the usage to the item from Riot.

Do people really not read the ToS anymore?
Dude if he was so toxic for such a long time, why wasnt he given warnings and temps bans a long time ago. why would riot let sucha toxic player go on and continue to play without any warnings, and then ban him out of the blue.

BlueWallpaper

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Contrary to popular belief, I'm out of the ban-deciding game these days, although I will give an opinion.

My stance is:

- You knew your behavior was abysmal yet decided to act that way anyway
- You knew the potential consequences, you just thought you'd have a chance to get out of it before

Sounds like you were trying to get away with as much as you could and it bit you. I think that's pretty inexcusable. The Tribunal is one tool we have, but it's not the only tool.
The system needs tweaking though. When you get honor you find out after a game, but when you get reported you basically have no idea. So you really have absolutely zero insight into the fact that your behavior is excessive. If it flashed up after a game that you'd been reported, like honor, you'd have a chance to think 'geeze I'm getting reported and I thought my behavior wasn't that bad' and then modify your behavior. (Note this is a general point and really anything to do with this case.)

PorpoiseAlert

11-08-2012

Quote:
Haha, I'll let you know eventually.
Director of Player Experience...

Sexually?

BaronVonWaffle

11-08-2012

Quote:
Haha, I'll let you know eventually.
Pendragon's consciousness is being transferred into an AI that will act as an omnipresent judge in all games. He will be able, in real time, to punish players by redistributing their gold to the enemy team, placing 1000ap teemo mushrooms in the offending players path, and reaching out of the players screen to *****slap them for being so toxic.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGlande View Post
This should be stickied so more players know that their toxic acts have consequences.
gg Riot
I agree, I think toxic players should be told batman is waiting...watching...and eating a slim jim for a low sodium high energy snack so they can pounce on people like me....

now i want a slim jim.

OwangeBoy

11-08-2012

For all the people responding to me, i submitted a support ticket when I was banned, and the red that responded clearly stated "we dont give out perma bans unless you have been temp banned at least 4 times." so yeah.

and for all the people saying read the ToS. Please, be my guest and go make a poll that asks players if theyve read the whole ToS, and i can almost gaurantee you atleast 80% of all players dont readit, they scroll though it and just click i agree

Regards

11-08-2012

Isn't the general rule of thumb that you need to make a smurf and prove you're going to improve that way? I'd say go that route instead of posting it here.

OxBaker

11-08-2012

Wish RIOT would permaban players like this who haven't been caught by the tribunal more often.To many players think they can have free reign to do/say whatever they want thinking that they have a bunch of bans before they have to try and change. Think again Paco!

ZeroKuno

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwangeBoy View Post
despite this, riot has continually stated that perma bans are only handed out after being temp banned 4 times i thought? if thats not the case anymore, i tihnk the community deserves to know that they can be perma banned at any given time to save a lot of souls out there.
I think Lyte posted somewhere that when they go through manual checks and find people that are toxic they would be permabanned on the spot.

I would need to find that post where he said it though so I don't just spout nonsense.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...40813#28540813

I think I found it here. That's the manual sweep and the tribunal can't wait for that.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...e+manual+sweep

This is another one.

Lemurmoudy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwangeBoy View Post
For all the people responding to me, i submitted a support ticket when I was banned, and the red that responded clearly stated "we dont give out perma bans unless you have been temp banned at least 4 times." so yeah.

and for all the people saying read the ToS. Please, be my guest and go make a poll that asks players if theyve read the whole ToS, and i can almost gaurantee you atleast 80% of all players dont readit, they scroll though it and just click i agree
Yeah a buddie just verified what you said, he was told the exact same thing about 5-6 months ago for his first and only 1 day bann. It might be a new system, who knows