@Pendragon, a sincere plea from a banned player

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroKuno

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Aggressive driving, which includes speeding, induces road rage, causes stress for other drivers and can cause accidents. Not having spent more than a few weeks in Germany I can't speak to the type of driving culture you have, but the analogy is perfect for here in the U.S. Spend one day driving in L.A.or Atlanta rush hour and you'd agree.
You mean getting stuck in traffic all day in L.A then yes. Cutting people off and passing them is different from speeding somewhere.
I actually beg to differ that you can even speed through traffic in rush hour at all.

Lemurmoudy

11-09-2012

Quote:
You could say that about every case on Tribunal. Ragers know they're wrong. Intentional feeders know they're wrong. Trolls know they're wrong. So, why not just perma ban them all on first offense.

I'm betting what really happened is this guy upset someone that either works for Riot or had connections to Riot. Unless he was making death threats, I just don't see why his treatment is so vastly different than other offenders.
its different because my vice is that i had a very bad attitude, wasnt a feeder, or anything like that just my attitude was poor. Other people with the same/worse attitude are given tribunal banns as a wake up call to change how they are playing.

I was not given that opportunity. And riot has said many times that they wont ban for the sake of favors for friends so I dont think that was the problem.

MlSFlT

11-09-2012

@Lemurmoudy -Well the only proof that we have that you didnt get previous warnings is you're word. I really don't buy into the whole "i never got previous warnings" and even if you didnt get warnings, you probably did something pretty awful for you to get banned right away. This thread was created because you want to get out of being punished for you're malicious behaviour. In my opinion, if you really feel sorry for what you did, you should just take you're punishment and start a new account. If you do something wrong take responsibility, don't try to find shortcuts and get out of it.

Primanocte

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurmoudy View Post
its different because my vice is that i had a very bad attitude, wasnt a feeder, or anything like that just my attitude was poor. Other people with the same/worse attitude are given tribunal banns as a wake up call to change how they are playing.

I was not given that opportunity. And riot has said many times that they wont ban for the sake of favors for friends so I dont think that was the problem.
Oh, i agree. I was just responding to the person that thought somehow that knowledge that you were in the wrong meant the perma ban might be justified.

Primanocte

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKuno View Post
You mean getting stuck in traffic all day in L.A then yes. Cutting people off and passing them is different from speeding somewhere.
I actually beg to differ that you can even speed through traffic in rush hour at all.
Come to Atlanta. It is very possible to speed in certain places on the interstate during rush hour. Look, you don't agree. We're not going to agree. And despite my experience prosecuting speeders and aggressive drivers when I worked at the DA's office you sill won't agree. So lets both agree to drop this line of discussion.

This thread is really about whether Riot was right in perma banning someone that had never received a warning for behavior that is no worse than anything seen on Tribunal. The OP has my support.

Lemurmoudy

11-09-2012

Quote:
Oh, i agree. I was just responding to the person that thought somehow that knowledge that you were in the wrong meant the perma ban might be justified.
ah gotcha XD

Alamander

11-09-2012

bump. I'm interested in how this goes.

Primanocte

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MlSFlT View Post
@Lemurmoudy -Well the only proof that we have that you didnt get previous warnings is you're word. I really don't buy into the whole "i never got previous warnings" and even if you didnt get warnings, you probably did something pretty awful for you to get banned right away. This thread was created because you want to get out of being punished for you're malicious behaviour. In my opinion, if you really feel sorry for what you did, you should just take you're punishment and start a new account. If you do something wrong take responsibility, don't try to find shortcuts and get out of it.
Given Pendragon's history on this forum, don't you think he would have called the OP out if he was lying? Pendragon's post was very revealing for what he chose not to say.

MlSFlT

11-09-2012

@Primanocte - Just because pendragon did not call him out on whether or not he lied, does not mean that he didnt lie. We still have no solid proof that this guy is not lying about not getting previous warnings. People will say and do anything to get out of being punished, how do we know if thats not whats happening here. If we start pardoning people without solid proof that they did not deserve a ban, people will not be afraid of getting banned because all they have to do is cry on the forums and get unbanned.

Masochist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MlSFlT View Post
@Primanocte - Just because pendragon did not call him out on whether or not he lied, does not mean that he didnt lie. We still have no solid proof that this guy is not lying about not getting previous warnings. People will say and do anything to get out of being punished, how do we know if thats not whats happening here. If we start pardoning people without solid proof that they did not deserve a ban, people will not be afraid of getting banned because all they have to do is cry on the forums and get unbanned.
Exactly. How can anyone trust anyone with an admitted bad attitude that's a "vice"(Meaning, he likes it.)?