@Pendragon, a sincere plea from a banned player

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baalhrezem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Contrary to popular belief, I'm out of the ban-deciding game these days, although I will give an opinion.

My stance is:

- You knew your behavior was abysmal yet decided to act that way anyway
- You knew the potential consequences, you just thought you'd have a chance to get out of it before

Sounds like you were trying to get away with as much as you could and it bit you. I think that's pretty inexcusable. The Tribunal is one tool we have, but it's not the only tool.
But it looks like he's the kind of summoner in the 70% that reform after the first ban.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-09-2012

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, I'm out of the ban-deciding game these days.....
This makes me a bit sad, you were always so good at it. I, and many others, looked forward to your replies, especially to the ones that just couldn't get it into their heads.....

Your infographics were especially fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalhrezem View Post
But it looks like he's the kind of summoner in the 70% that reform after the first ban.
Yea......

The thing is, you have to say and do some REALLY REALLY messed up things to go from "No action taken ever" to "Perma Ban".

Fabs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalhrezem View Post
Then again, does he deserve a chance to reform after he intentionally ruined games and knew what he was doing was wrong?

Lemurmoudy

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhTx3 View Post
The investigation probably showed that you were being intentionally malicious because you didn't care about other people or their efforts. I looked at your ELO graph on lolking and found that on Nov 3rd, you realized you already had plat so you didn't give two damns about anyone else's ELO and you threw a ton of games. You wasted a lot of people's time "knowing" that you wouldn't get a perm ban because Riot "never" perm bans you without warning. Well the truth is, you already knew what you were doing is wrong, and you did it anyway. Why should Riot keep providing you with a free game when you give nothing back to the community but malice?

TL;DR - You intentionally hurt other player's experience (when you knew it was wrong) just because you didn't think you would get perm banned for it. You got perm banned for it, you deserve it.
actually no. From what i was told which was very little, this was a "month long" investigation. And i hit plat back in early to mid october. After that I would duo que. And if you look at my KDAS you will see that I wasnt the problem "throwing" games lol.

Irisaurus Rex

11-09-2012

well i think whoever filed that support ticket on ya is lame.
probably has too much time on their hands.
riot doesnt unpermaban people anymore, unfourtanently so you're really out of luck.
maybe they'll treat this differently though, since it appears you got banned out of a support ticket, and not tribunal review.

Lemurmoudy

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
This makes me a bit sad, you were always so good at it. I, and many others, looked forward to your replies, especially to the ones that just couldn't get it into their heads.....

Your infographics were especially fantastic!

Yea......

The thing is, you have to say and do some REALLY REALLY messed up things to go from
"No action taken ever" to "Perma Ban".
Yeah I know, I only thought like people who hack, scam accounts, or do elo boosts get banned. Nothing I said was THAT bad... No death threats, things of that nature.

Primanocte

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKuno View Post
Speeding has the potential to get other people involved. When you are inside a League game you consistently involve 9 other people.

If you count how many people you actually involve in a 1 month span with an offensive behavior and your "speeding" that's a real difference in how many people you actually do affect.
You don't run into people while speeding every single time and do something severely to them. However, when you are being offensive you DO affect more than 1 person every single time.

So how many people do you think are emotionally affected by someone speeding compared to someone being offensive every goddamn game?

If you talk about people needing to get warned before perma-banned...you already stated before that you can't ever get your license revoked permanently. Also, driving is a mean of transportation not an investment in time of anything valuable. Your car depreciates not your League account.

Don't even get me started about speeding and speed limits and specific states and specific nation laws on it.
Speeding in Germany is fine where it seems to be fit and we do have League in Europe. Does that mean being offensive at certain times is ok? rofl
Aggressive driving, which includes speeding, induces road rage, causes stress for other drivers and can cause accidents. Not having spent more than a few weeks in Germany I can't speak to the type of driving culture you have, but the analogy is perfect for here in the U.S. Spend one day driving in L.A.or Atlanta rush hour and you'd agree.

metalaug

11-09-2012

I think it is unfair that the OP did not get week bans or two week bans, and just a straight up permaban. That is not due process, and Riot should do the right thing and lessen the punishment (for now).

But they probably won't, cuz they'd lose face. Just make a new account, dude.

Primanocte

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhTx3 View Post
Then again, does he deserve a chance to reform after he intentionally ruined games and knew what he was doing was wrong?
You could say that about every case on Tribunal. Ragers know they're wrong. Intentional feeders know they're wrong. Trolls know they're wrong. So, why not just perma ban them all on first offense.

I'm betting what really happened is this guy upset someone that either works for Riot or had connections to Riot. Unless he was making death threats, I just don't see why his treatment is so vastly different than other offenders.

Sm0keMcCloud

11-09-2012

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, I'm out of the ban-deciding game these days, although I will give an opinion.

My stance is:

- You knew your behavior was abysmal yet decided to act that way anyway
- You knew the potential consequences, you just thought you'd have a chance to get out of it before

Sounds like you were trying to get away with as much as you could and it bit you. I think that's pretty inexcusable. The Tribunal is one tool we have, but it's not the only tool.
You're right, they have at least one more tool in you.